Chapter 23

Chapter 23 - Bad Joke

Ashton POV

I showed Kate and Naomi around the bus. When you walk in there are couches that we never really use. Then there's the kitchen area. Across from that there is a small door which leads to the toilet.

Continuing to walk up the bus, you will see bunks beds on each side. Then right at the back there is a lounge area with a TV and Xbox. We hang out here the most.

I show the girls what beds are theirs and make my way to the backroom where the guys are. They are all rather engrossed in a game of FIFA. I sit back and look through Twitter.

"So, how are you and Kate?" Luke asks, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"How are you and Naomi?" I answer back.

"Just friends, we realised that we don't like eachother in that way. Anyway answer my question!"

"Well me and my girlfriend are pretty good." I say smiling.

I loved saying that. It just felt right.

Michael paused the game and turns to look at me.

"When the fuck did that happen?" Michael asks, surprised.

"A few days ago."

"Why didn't you tell us mate, congrats?!" Calum replies.

"I don't know. I guess I thought you guys would say it won't work or something."

"Nah! We know how much you like her. She is also the only one who has made you that happy since Jen. Well before she went nuts."

"Don't mention that psychopath.  I don't want Kate to know about her."

"It's going to have to come out at some point."

"I know just not now"

They return back to their game as Kate and Naomi walk in. Naomi takes a seat next to Luke and Michael, and Kate sits next to me.

She pulls out her Nintendo and begins to play some game. Not this again. I nuzzle my head into her neck.

"Stop it that tickles." she mumbles.

"Put down the game and speak to me then."

She groans but turns the game off and looks at me.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asks.

"I don't know, anything. I'm bored!"

"I'm hungry, nice to meet you."

She laughs and it has changed again. I found it adorable when she laughed, her one dimple always made an appearance.

"That was a bad joke. Let's go get some food."

*********

We arrived at the venue in Edinburgh a few hours before the show. We had stopped off at the hotel, as we would be staying a couple of nights, to drop off our stuff.

We had our soundcheck and I was now sitting in the dressing room with Kate. She was eating pizza.

I think she could eat pizza for life and never get bored of it. And it's not like she changed toppings or anything. It was always plain cheese.

We were called to the stage after a while and nerves started to hit me. I'm not nervous about the crowd or anything, it's just that Kate will be watching. She told me that she hasn't seen us live before so that builds up the pressure.

I run on stage, waving at the crowd and sit on my stool. Here we go!

Bad joke alert!  Want to hear a joke about pizza?

Never mind, it's too cheesy

So I hope your liking it. I don't know when I will be able to update again as school's starting again.

Will try and do some in free periods though! 

Can't believe I've almost hit 500 reads

Keep voting and commenting!