Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Successfully Depopcorned

I was sobbing so hard, I fell off the couch, hit the coffee table and fell onto the floor in pain. The popcorn that I had placed back on the table, ended up flying into the air, spraying popcorn everywhere.

I was a mess. Ashton jumped up, bent down and took my hands in his. My hands looked tiny in comparison to his. He pulled me onto my feet.

Unfortunately, I slid on the popcorn that was scattered across the floor and knocked over Ashton.

We both toppled onto the ground, me landing on top of him and he let out a grunt of pain.

"Oh g...god! I'm soooo sorry."

I tried to push myself up, only to end up falling back into him. He groaned again, then started laughing.

"Sorry I'm so heavy! I'll probably kill you."

He continued giggling, sounding a bit like a girl. The sound of footsteps came charging through.

It was Luke. He took in the scene and raised his eyebrows at nobody in particular.

"What have you guys been up to?" he asked happily.

Ashton gave him a look that meant not the now, and Luke understood. He came over to us and heaved me up off of Ashton.

I thanked him and began to shake the popcorn out of my hair. Once I got it all unraveled, I knelt down and began picking it off of the floor.

I looked up and saw Ashton helping me, Luke had obviously went away. He looked up at me, flashing his gorgeous smile and continued picking up the popcorn.

"So are we going to watch that Sherlock thingy now?" he asked once we had successfully depopcorned the room. I nodded and ran upstairs to get the DVD.

When I got back, I saw that he had brought through a new bowl of popcorn, two bottles of cherry cola (how did he know it was my favourite?) and a blanket.

"I'm going to put on my favourite episode, 'A Scandal In Belgravia'. It's hilarious! "

"Sounds good to me."

I start up the DVD and go back to my seat. He throws the blanket over the two of us so I snuggle up into the corner of the couch.

I think I must have dozed off a bit after the Buckingham Palace scene. You know the one where Sherlock's just sitting there in a sheet and refusing to put clothes on.

It was the last thing I remember. And now I have just woken up with Ashton sleeping on my lap. How did this happen?

Great now I can't get up unless I wake him. He looks so peaceful though. Well, until his hand flew and slapped me in the face. I shook his shoulders, trying to wake him up. His eyes fluttered open and he looked up.

"Why'd you wake me?" he asked sleepily.

"Well I can no longer feel my legs."

"Oh shit! I'm sorry. Maybe we should go to bed."

I nodded and tried to stand up but my legs gave out under me. Before I could fall to the floor though, he had scooped me up onto his arms and was carrying me to my room.