atten

a r i a

     "Chris!" I called out, his phone ringing from inside the living room. I nuzzled my head into the pillow, but the ringing continued on. I got up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom. I knocked on the door and there was no reply, but the water was on.

I slowly opened the door, "Babe, your phones ringing." I informed the boy. Chris peered his head out of the shower, "Could you please answer it." He asked sweetly, smiling. I chuckled a little, he's so fucking adorable I love him, and nodded my head, quickly running into the living room to get his phone.

It wasn't a contact but a random number, probably just a telemarketer. "Hello?" I answered the phone. The person didn't speak at first but eventually did, "Uhm- is this Christoffer Schistad's number?"

"Uhm- yeah. Sorry, he couldn't get to the phone. But, may I ask who's calling?" I asked the woman on the other line. "Oh.. uhm- it's his mom."

My eyes widened, Holy shit! "Oh- uhm. Uhm- I'll try and get him right now." I rambled. I muted the phone and ran to the bathroom. I entered the bathroom and grabbed the towel off the hanger on the wall, "Chris. Come out it's urgent."

The boy peered his head out again, "Whats wrong?" I tossed him the towel and he caught it with his one hand. He opened the curtain and stepped out, wrapping the towel around his waist. He reached into the shower and she off the water, "You're lucky I was done."

"Chris. It's your mom." I spoke. Chris' brows knitted together, "My- my mom?" He questioned. I nodded, "Yeah, your mom. If you don't wanna talk to her, I'll just say you can't come to the phone." Chris bit down on his bottom lip harshly.

I stepped towards him, my gaze meeting his, "When you're ready." I told the boy softly. He slowly nodded, "I'm- I'm ready."

"You're sure?" "I'm sure."

As he spoke I smiled up at him and softly pressed my lips against his. As I pulled away, our noses rubbed together, the two of us lightly laughed. I sighed, "Okay. Here you go." I handed him his phone and he unmuted it, placing it to his ear as he walked into the bedroom, "It's Chris."

I sat down on the bed, intently watching Chris talk to his mother. He turned to me, "I'm going in the living room." He mouthed. I nodded, "Good luck. I love you." I mouthed back. Chris smiled, "I love you too." He mouthed, leaving the bedroom.

I rest my head back on the pillow, fucking hell. I hope things are going okay. He deserves this. Whether it's closure or a real relationship with his mom. Whatever he wants, I hope he gets it. He deserves so much more than he got from her and she's missing out.

I dozed off, getting lost in my thoughts. I was woken up by Chris, who was laying down beside me. As my eyes fluttered open, I could only see him. I smiled, taking a deep breath. I reached my hand out, brushing his cheek with my thumb, "How'd it go?"

He smiled softly, "I don't know. It was weird." Chris shrugged, laughing a little. I lightly laughed, "How So?"

"I don't know how you expect talking to your mom, after only god knows how many years, would go." Chris admitted. I nodded, "Yeah, Okay. I understand."

He sighed, "Anyways. She wants to see me and to meet you."

My heart rate picked up and I pulled my hand off his cheek, "Really?" I asked, in disbelief. Chris nodded, "Yep. Says she's flying out tomorrow. The first flight she can find."

"Oh fucking hell" I cursed, running my hand through my hair. Chris laughed, "My thoughts exactly." Chris looked at me softly, "If you don't wanna then you don't have to Okay? I'm not gonna make you do something you're uncomfortable with." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body closer to his.

I smiled at up at him, "If it's what you want then I'll do it. I'll do anything for you." I spoke sweetly. Chris laughed a little, leaning down and brushing his nose against mine. I quickly pecked his lips, "You're all that matters."

"As are you, my love."