trettitre

c h r i s

"Why are we stopping?" Aria asked as I pulled the car over to the side of the rode. I put the car in park, sighing loudly as the car came to a complete stop. Aria looked to me, "Chris? What's wrong?"

I turned to Aria, she didn't seem upset, but I felt like shit. This was all my fault. I pride and I found her Dad, and she didn't want that. I should've asked. I shouldn't have just assumed that's what she wanted. I had no right to do that. How is she not furious with me?

"Shit, Aria. I'm so sorry. I'm so so so so fucking sorry, Aria. I should've never tried to find your parents. I should've asked and I didn't." I apologized, grabbing Aria's hand in mine, pressing dozens of kisses to her hand.

Aria chuckled lightly, her free hand reaching up to my cheek. She smiled, "Don't be sorry, Chris. You thought you were doing the right thing and it was sweet. You couldn't have known it was going to end up like this." She spoke softly. How is she so forgiving? I screw up so many times and she still loves me. I'm such a screw up. How did I end up with her after every fucked up thing I've done?

"Aria-" I began again. Aria hushed me, placing a finger to my lips. She shook her head, "I'm okay. As long as we're together, I'm more than okay."

"I just thought that since I found my mom, you'd want to find your parents." I innocently spoke. Aria nodded, "That's what I wanted for a long time. But then, I found you and I didn't need that. I have everything I've ever wanted with you, everything I'll ever need. And I don't need my 'blood-family' to be at my wedding to be happy. You are my family. You and all our friends are my family now."

I sighed, "How'd I end up with someone as amazing as you?"

Aria shrugged, "It's a question I ask myself all the time." She teased. I laughed softly, letting my head fall so my forehead rested on hers. Aria smiled up at me before quickly pecking my lips.

"I love you." The two of us spoke in unison, causing us to also laugh in unison.

Maybe I didn't do too bad. Maybe I'm not too much of a screw up. I had to have been doing something right to end up with Aria. Right?