206) Deadly Infatuation-Prompto

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"C'mon, (Y/n)!" Prompto latched onto my wrist and dragged me to the nearest chocobo at Wiz's. An enormous smile was plastered on his face as we reached the yellow bird. The chocobo chirped joyously as I rubbed her silken plumage. Prompto snapped photo after photo, until he let out a groan. "Ugh, I ran out of space!"

"Don't you have another SD card in the Regalia?" I ask.

"Oh, yeah! I completely forgot." He spun on his heels to head to the car, but he quickly turned back and kissed me on the cheek. "Don't go anywhere. I'll be right back!" I shove him towards the car with a small giggle. He dashed off and left me with the chirpy chocobo.

After waiting for a few minutes, I felt a presence behind me. Turning, I greeted Prompto, but when I saw who it was, I apologized. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else." A boy with short black hair and green eyes stood behind me.

"(Y/n), right? Remember me?" The boy asked with gleaming eyes.

Taking in his features, I shook my head. "I-I'm sorry. You don't look familiar."

"The name's Fyn. Does that ring a bell?" His smile was gradually dampening. He took a step closer, forcing me to take one back.

Something was telling me to run, but I was paralyzed. "N-No, I'm sorry."

"Oh, don't act like that, (Y/n)." Fyn's hand reached out to touch me, but I felt two arms wrap around my body protectively and pull me away from the boy. I didn't even need to look who was holding me to know who it was. My eyes traveled to Fyn's form, noticing his harsh glare directed towards Prompto. Taking a few steps away from Fyn, Prompto's hold on me tightened. "What's goin' on here?" The hostility in his tone surprised me.

"I just wanted to talk with (Y/n). Could you leave us alone?" Fyn growled slightly.

"I'm not leaving her alone with you," Prompto declares sternly.

Fyn was ready to lash out again but was interrupted by Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis. The prince glanced between the two boys and me once he felt the hostile atmosphere engulfing us. "What's up with you?" Noctis eyed the blonde.

"This weirdo was pushing himself onto (Y/n)!"

Gladio looks at me in Prompto's arms. "Is this true?"

I nod, my hands clutching onto Prompto's vest. Fyn took a step forward, lunging out at me. Ignis reacted quickly and grabbed the boy before he could touch me. Pinning his arm behind his back, the strategist held him at bay. Noctis and Gladio moved in front of me, glaring sharply at Fyn.

"It is in your best interest to leave," Ignis sternly states, forcing Fyn to his knees. When the royal advisor released him, he ran to his car and drove away.

"I-I know we were planning on staying in the caravan tonight, but could we find a motel?" I asked.

Prompto strokes my hair gingerly, agreeing with me. "I think we should. That creep might return."

"No complaints here," Noctis said.

"I concur, as well," Ignis voices.

"Would be safer to stay in town if the bastard shows up again. I've got a feelin' this won't be the last time we'll be seein' him," Gladio said.

Departing from Wiz's Chocobo Post, we arrived in Old Lestallum fifteen minutes later. Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis went to secure rooms for the night while Prompto and I walked around Old Lestallum. As we were walking down the street, he gently took ahold of my hand and intertwined our fingers. "Did you... Did you really not know who he was?"