Chapter 25

"It's okay, mi Amor. I am right here." The hands cupped Izzy's and she looked to her right, only to be lost in the brown eyes, in which she would never want to be found. He looked like an angel who was glowing in the moonlight. Everything around her started to blur and all she could see was Raphael, sitting next to her, holding her hands as if she was a baby. All his features perfectly matched his face and she could not find one flaw, the sincerity in his eyes, his calm and soothing face. And it struck her, Raphael was there. Raphael was sitting NEXT TO HER. On the terrace of the Institute. Raphael Santiago, the head of the vampire clan was sitting next to her on the terrace of the institute holding her hand. She instantly took her hand out from the soft hands that were holding her, and as much as she regretted, she had to. Izzy got up and had trouble finding her balance and she saw Raphael reach out to her, but she ignored his help.

"What are you doing here?"Isabelle asked when she about to fall back on the floor.

"Be careful," Raphael called out as he put his hand behind Izzy's back to support her, and Izzy couldn't tell whether the temperature around her was rising or the touch of his hand was rising her temperature up. She flicked Raphael's hand off, even though she wanted to be held so bad. "Are you okay?" Raphael asked with care in his voice and eyes.

"Ya, I am good." And this time she was telling the truth as she held on to the railing of the terrace. "But, what are you doing here?"

"The moon usually looks good from here," And so do you. "And I am digger for these types of views. I mean just look at the moon, it's just so beautiful." Raphael answered when he came and stood next to her.

"Can't argue, but you expect me to believe that you came to the terrace of the Institute to "see the moon"? Like, come on, you can do better." Raphael chuckled on that and Izzy couldn't resist herself from blushing. Stop it, Isabelle, he's a vampire! A VAMPIRE! And you are a shadowhunter, you are supposed to hate him.

"You gotta believe me. I mean, it's worth it. Don't you think?" He asked while signaling the moon and Izzy nodded. After that, both became silent and Raphael kept admiring the moon, while Izzy kept admiring him. Stop looking at him like that. Izzy kept thinking but couldn't make her not look. He looked too perfect. Isabelle couldn't tell how long she kept looking at him and he kept looking at the moon, but he turned to her and she quickly lowered her gaze and looked at the moon back. "So what are you doing up here?"

"Nothing much, just waiting for you come up here and save me from my dream." Izzy sarcastically said and in return, Raphael gave a stare. "It's a joke," Izzy said and both chuckled. Hellooooo?? Are you dumb, you could get in deep trouble for this! Tell him to get out! "You wanna sit, my legs are dead." Stuuuupid.

"Ya, I thought you would never ask." Raphael and Izzy both sat down with their backs to the walls of the terrace and for a second their shoulders touched, Izzy felt like something electric passed through them. "I only have a few more hours before I have to go."

"Yes, right," Izzy said quietly and thought about why she was doing the things she was doing. She was drooling over a boy, a vampire. She was trained to kill monsters like vampires and werewolves. But, here she was sitting next to a vampire under the moonlight and thinking about him. To think about she can't really get in trouble for being friends with a vampire because Simon is a vampire and the Institute doesn't seem to have a problem with him, so Raphael's applicable for that spot. Izzy looked to the left, only to see Raphael looking at her with fascination. "What?" Isabelle asked wondering if there was something in her face. "Is there something on my face?"

"No, no you look perfect," Raphael replied.

"Oh, um thanks." Isabelle could feel the color and the temperature rising to extreme levels. In a second, the air turned cold and sent shivers through her shoulders. Even though she felt very warm on the inside, she was freezing in the outside. She hugged herself and looked at Raphael, who was still looking at her. He motioned her to come closer and Isabelle looked at him in surprise.

"I promise I won't bite."