Chapter 8

Isabelle walked to the Institute with a smile on her face the whole way. She couldn't believe that she actually spent the day with a stranger, the perfect stranger.

Once she reached the Institute, Alec approached her by asking "Where were you? No, tell me where were YOU?" Alec looked angry at Isabelle and she was in a good mood, so she replied with kindness, " I was at a place where I found the truth about my relationship and where I started a new one." With saying that, she walked away, while Alec just stood there trying to understand what Isabelle just said.

Isabelle knocked on her mom's room, "Come in," her mom replied from the other side of the door.

"Hello, mother," Isabelle greeted while she came in. She saw her mother seeing through files.

" Oh, Isabelle, what do you want?" Maryse looked up and asked. Isabelle simply answered her by going towards her mother and hugging her, which she never usually does. Isabelle could sense her mother feeling awkward and confused.

"Thank you so much, mother. You helped me see through the glamour of my relationship, Thank you." With that being said, Isabelle broke the hug and made her way to the door and heard her mom say quietly your welcome.

As Isabelle walked to her room, she saw Jace, Clary, and Magnus at the center of the Institute discussing something. She wondered what they were talking about, so she went towards them. "What is going on here?" Isabelle asked to all them.

"Oh, Alec was supposed to bring you here," Jace thoughtfully said.

"Well, now that I am here, tell me what's happening," Isabelle replied. And at that exact moment, Alec came to the table beside Magnus and told Isabelle, "I was looking all over for you and here you are. So, shall we start?"

"So, the thing is that since, the vampire clan leader of New York, Camille went against the Accords by turning a mundane." Magnus paused and everybody looked at Clary because the mundane who was turned was her best friend, Simon Lewis.

"So, to insure that this does not happen ever again, the Clave ordered us to make the new vampire clan leader sign an agreement, written by the Clave that if anything like that happens again, then the whole vampire clan will be affected." Alec continued.

"Easy," Clary lazily said.

"Don't make the mistake of taking this lightly, my darling. Convincing the new vampire clan leaders to sign an agreement are always difficult, and with an agreement like this, the job could be almost impossible." Magnus warned.

"Magnus, what if we lure the clan leader with something that he can't reject?" Isabelle suggested.

"That my dear can actually work. But what do we lure him with though?" Magnus thought out loud.

" Maybe we can threaten him with that vampire hangout's place, where the vampires drink mundane blood, and the Clave has no idea about it. And the vampires would never in their wildest dreams want the Clave to know." Clary proudly suggested.

"Jackpot!" Jace exclaimed.

"Well then, we will carry out this the first thing next morning," Alec told and left with Magnus, Jace with Clary, and Isabelle left to her room to sleep with her little puppy, Prince.