Chapter 6

My heart felt like it was in my throat. I have never seen a guy like him before. His curls lay messily over his head, as his green eyes met mine. Unlike most of the time, I could not look away. I had a funny feeling deep in my stomach that I have never felt before. His gaze burned right through me, for I was speechless and frozen. He looked away from me at Zayn, who was waving at me on the other side of his cousin. As I waved back to Zayn, the boy rolled his eyes and leaned back into his seat as he stared straight ahead. Zayn smiled at me, and then leaned back into his seat as he sketched little drawing on a piece of paper. I watched him for a bit, but my eyes soon traveled up to the frustrated looking boy sitting by him. He furrowed his brows a little before glancing over at me.

"What the hell are you staring at?" He says rather sharply. This startles me and a quickly remove my gaze from him.

"I... I wasn't... I wasn't staring." My voice comes out in stutters as I try to speak.

"Bullshit, I'm not blind you know. Take a fucking picture it will last longer." I am quite startled by his little outburst. I have had people speak to me like that, just being jerks, but this felt different. He was different. I was interested and curious about this guy; it hurt slightly differently than when other people use that kind of language towards me. It bruised my heart, not just my mind.

            I was lost for words as he stared at me waiting for a reply. Then he just turned around and crossed his arms in front of him with a huff.

"Harry man, be nice alright. That's Avery, she doesn't mean it." I hear Zayn quietly speak to this boy. 

Harry? 

So this rude, frustrated, and attractive boy's name is Harry. I would normally be frightened in a situation like this, but I find myself more shocked than anything.

            Harry just glares at Zayn for a minute before nodding his head yes. I was half expecting an apology from him, but instead he stares straight ahead. I try not to stare, but I do steal a few glances over his way during the rest of the bus ride.

***

I meet Louis at my locker and give him a hug. "Morning Avery." He says with a big smile on his face.

"Morning Lou." I smile and get out my things from my locker.

"Is that Zayn's cousin?" I turn around to look where Louis was looking. Sure enough there was Harry making his way down the hall. Everyone was looking at him as he moved down the hallway. It was obvious that it was annoying him, but he didn't say anything. He got closer and closer, and I found myself frozen in place. The way his curls hung over his forehead, the way he smoothly walked through the hall, straight to me. 

I couldn't move.

 I couldn't speak.

            "Do you mind?" I hear a raspy voice say. I look up and Harry is standing right in front of me. I stare at him for a few minutes before I realize I'm in his way. "Oh... sorry." I reply as I swiftly step aside, out of his way. He doesn't say anything before taking a step up to his locker. My eyes go wide as I realize his locker is only two down from mine.

            My thoughts are soon interrupted as I hear Louis' voice cut in. "You must be Zayn's cousin, welcome to Melbum High." Louis says in a sarcastic voice. Harry lets out a small laugh before answering, "Yeah, so happy to be here," in an equally sarcastic tone as Louis.

"It'll get better man; I'm Louis Tomlinson by the way." Louis holds his hand out to Harry in a friendly gesture. Harry reaches out and shakes his hand while replying, "Harry... Harry Styles." He has the first smile I have seen all day across his lips. It is a small smile, but it's still there, and that makes my stomach do flips, why? I have no idea. The bell finally rings, and I grab my stuff to head to first block, waving bye to Louis. I sit down in the back corner as the class starts filling up. As I get out a piece of paper to do my journal the late bell rings.