Chapter 14

His lips were slightly chapped but smooth at the same time. I couldn't help but give in and relax at his touch. His breath smelled of mint and his stubble across his upper lip tickled slightly.

All too soon, Harry slowly pulled away. His eyes were bright and lively, but then there was pain... sorrow... worry? I couldn't quite think straight. The feeling of his plump lips still on mine, making me stay in a daze where my mind was in a steady delay.

What just happened to me? Did Harry Styles just kiss me? Have I gone crazy?

All of these questions kept racing through my mind, and it wasn't until Harry's voice spoke, that I snapped out of it.

"Avery?" He spoke carefully and abnormally slow.

"W-what?" I stuttered slightly. All I could think of was how kind he was treating me, and those damn lips that just gave me the experience of my first kiss.

"Who did this to you?" He spoke. I could hear his voice crack a little, but I think I might have imagined it. Harry might care but he doesn't care that much... Does he? He just kissed me? No, He has probably kissed many girls before.

"It's no one Harry." I try to say but my voice deceives me as it comes out in cracks.

"Don't fucking lie to me Avery." He says surprisingly quiet but stern. Luckily he must still remember Jack is home and isn't yelling for once.

"It's nothing to worry about Harry, I am fine, I will be fine, and it's none of your business." I say stronger and his eyes soften as he stands up.

I watch him from the toilet seat as he lifts his hands and puts them over his head and closes his eyes. His shirt road up revealing his skin above his waist line and I noticed something I wish I hadn't. A pretty good sized bruise was noticeable on his side. You could tell it was slowly going away from the greenish color surrounding the middle of the bruise.

My eyes went wide and I scanned up to his arm and took in the faint discolorations on his skin. Were they really caused because of fights? Yes of course, he obviously fights; I know this from what I just experienced a little while ago.

"You're not alone." He speaks quietly turning around to me and lowering his arms.

"What do you mean." I ask. I slowly stood up and looked in his green eyes.

He didn't say anything at first. I could see his wheels turning in his head as he tried to think of a good answer to give me that I would understand.

"There's people out there that understands what you're going through... you're not alone." He replies taking my cold hands in his warm ones.

"I know Harry, but you don't understand." I reply quietly.

"I may understand more than you think, you wouldn't know that unless you trusted me."

Trust?  What the hell has gotten into him?

Harry's POV

What the fuck am I doing? I don't know the words coming out my mouth. I don't know the actions my body is doing, and I sure as hell don't know what came over me when I kissed her.

But fuck did I like it.

It hurts so much knowing she is hurt. I know how it feels, and I don't like the idea that she is the same way. She needed to know someone is there for her, even if it's a stupid idiot like me. At least it's someone.

Her lips were so soft and tasted like cherry lip gloss. I can't get it out my head. I have kissed many girls believe me but Avery was different. I feel myself falling for her, whether I want to or not. It's beyond my control and I'm not sure if I like that or not.