Chapter 18

Harry's POV

Regret.

Regret is what I was feeling as Louis yelled in my face. Yelling over and over, reminding me of just how much of a fuck up I really am. How my life is like an endless pain. Like an endless battle where it is impossible for me to win or loose. It feels like I get shot over and over, but I can't just die to end the pain.

No that would be to easy.

I am forced to live it, see for myself the ones I hurt. See for myself and live through all the times I have fucked my life up.

Just like now.

Once again, as soon as I recover from pain in my chest from last time, I have to go and screw shit up again.

Why is life so damn hard?

Because I'm Harry Styles.

That's why I stood there and took it. I stood there and took the profanities and insults like: "Why do you always fuck with her feelings!" and "Why the hell don't you leave her the fuck alone!"

I don't mean to hurt her...and because I can't leave her alone Louis.

Can't you see that?

But I stay silent, I stay silent because I deserve this

That's why I didn't yell back, or tried to fight back when I felt two hands push me back a step, or when I felt a sharp pain run through my face and the taste of blood in my mouth.

Louis is right.

I deserve this. I deserve pain. I deserve it more than anyone. I have hurt so many people in my life.

So many innocent people that was supposed to love me, but don't.

So many people's love that I don't deserve to have, but I do.

So many people that are terrified of me, and I don't blame them.

***

Avery's POV

Have you ever known someone cared? Just knew in your heart they had feelings? Like if you got hurt, they would pick you up and tell you it would all be okay?

And you cared too?

Have you ever been in a situation where you thought you might have finally found someone who didn't mind listening to your problems? Maybe actually wanted to help?

I never have... until I met Harry.

I thought he cared. I thought he listened. I thought that maybe I had finally found someone that would protect me.

I was beyond stupid to believe that.

Harry Styles lead me on to believe someone cared, but I was wrong.

I hate him.

I slammed my diary closed and slung it off my bed. Tears soaked my face and I felt utterly heartbroken.

Louis stopped at my house so I could get some clothes and leave a note for Jack telling him I was staying at Louis house tonight. I knew I would regret it tomorrow, but I didn't have the strength or courage to argue, or make up excuses.

So now as Louis was taking a shower I laid on his bed, writing my pathetic feelings down, trying to take it out on the paper. However, I gave up when my vision just kept getting more and more blurry with every letter my shaky hand scribbled.

I laid there face down in a pillow for what seemed like forever and a day. Why did Harry do that? How could he do that? I hate him. I hate him so much. And he hates me.