Chapter 13

Harry's POV

I jumped up from my seat on the bench like I had a spring under me. I couldn't think straight. All I knew was the girl I cared about was in trouble, and I knew it was her, I knew that voice anywhere. Sad, confused, angry, scared, it didn't matter; I could pick her voice out of a roaring crowd anytime, anywhere.

It's about 10:30pm now so its pitch black, and the only lights are the ones coming from the shitty streetlights around the park. The park has many trees that cast shadows, so sadly, where I am at, the lights aren't helping much.

I run blindly in the direction I heard the sound that caused my world to stop spinning. I push myself around a big ass oak tree and step out into the open frantically. I don't see anything at first, that is, until I caught movement out the corner of my right eye.

I whip my attention to the disturbance, and once again my heart stops for about the third time tonight.

Some disgusting asshole had my Avery in his grip and a hand over her mouth.

"Hey!!!" I yelled as I start storming over. All I see is red, and my mind isn't thinking clearly. I was beyond pissed.

As I got closer I could start making out the details.

Avery had tears rolling down her face onto the hand that covered her mouth. When her eyes locked on mine, she instantly started screaming for help even louder, which came out in muffled shrieks. The assholes hand was up under her shirt, way to far up than was necessary.

The prick that had her had on a hood, so I couldn't see who it was at first. I grabbed his jacket and snatched him around. Avery started shaking and backing up as I shoved him against the tree.

Luke.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing!?" I yell. I don't even let him respond as my fist swings up and connects with his jaw. Everything goes red and I feel my body taking over my mind.

Avery's POV

I was pushed by Luke as Harry grabbed him. I hit the concrete bench and felt a sharp pain on my knee as the blood started to trickle down. But I didn't care, I was so scared.

I watch helplessly as Harry threw Luke on the ground and hit him over and over again. I kept yelling for him to stop but it was like he was fixated on beating Luke to the ground. I was so grateful he showed up. I was surprised when I saw him, you know, after what happened a few hours ago, but I didn't want to witness a murder.

I was scared Harry was going to kill him, I screamed for him to stop but he wasn't paying attention. I soon heard a man's voice yell from the distance. I looked up and saw a dark figure running our way.

I felt tears run down my face as I turned and ran from the scene. I ran and ran till I finally saw my house come into view. Jacks car was parked outside but I didn't care. I just prayed he was passed out on the couch. I ran up and peeked through the cracked door. He was lying on the couch passed out with a beer bottle in hand. I felt a flood of relief wash over me.

I quickly but quietly run upstairs.  I throw off my long-sleeved shirt, and kicked off my hot jeans. I throw on a tank top and a pair of running shorts. I still can't stop the tears from falling down my face. I don't know what to think. He just grabbed me and I felt disgusting as his hand went up my shirt. Nobody has ever touched me like that.

I flip open the latch and raise my window. I lean out slightly and feel the night breeze blow in. It felt nice, but there was one thing, or person that I kept worrying about.

Harry.

I wonder where he is. I can't get him out of my mind. Is he okay? Did that man stop him?