Chapter 31

I wake up the next morning not knowing where I am. My eyes slowly peel open, adjusting to the light to notice a desk that I am not familiar with, along with a closet door, and a window with morning light shining through it.

I slowly sit up and turn over to find the spot next to me empty.

Where is Harry?

My blood runs cold as I think back to last night, and the fact that after all of that, he is gone. The bathroom is clearly empty, and when I look down the hall I realize that nobody is awake yet, and Harry is nowhere to be found.

Last night was so clear in my mind, so fresh. Harry waking up everyone from his nightmare, the way Zayn took care of his cousin, the beautiful music coming from his room, the way he looked at me, and the way his lips felt on mine, it's all still so vivid in my mind. I can hear his cries, feel his desperate kiss, see his green eyes burn into mine, so broken and scared.

And now he's gone.

I feel tears well up in my eyes, but I push them back. I cannot cry over Harry's shit anymore.

I pick up my phone and call him, but it goes straight to voicemail after the first two rings, indicating he in fact, declined it.

What the hell?

I walk slowly to the window, and like I expected, Zayn's truck is gone, and my heart sinks. At first I am angry, but then my emotions start to give me whiplash. Anger, sadness, worry, and guilt tug at my stomach.

Was it me? What did I do? Did I drive him away? So many questions run through my mind, and then it hits me.

He's hurt.

He's still recovering.

He shouldn't be driving.

He's hurt because of a car accident.

He's hurt because of a car accident that happened because he was upset and angry.

He was upset and angry because of me.

My heart felt like it plummeted to the ground when I came to realization that I was the cause of his injuries. His injuries were still there, the bruises were still visible, the stiches stuck out in his head, the cast wrapped around his arm, the scrapes and broken ribs were still there. They haven't even healed yet, and he was gone to who knows where, again.

Harry could be endangering himself again, because of me.

My feet move before my mind can even catch up. I almost fall from the slick wooden floor as I turn the corner, running down the hall to the room I know is Zayn's.

"Zayn! Zayn wake up!" I half whisper, half yell, banging on his door.

I hear shuffling coming from the other side of the door before it is yanked open, and a alarmed looking Zayn stares down at me.

"Avery? What the hell is going on?" He says, grabbing a white t shirt, throwing it over his head. "Where's Harry?" He asks, realization hitting him.

I try catching my breath, tears break through my barrier as a few slides down my cheeks.

"Gone." I manage to get out. I feel like I'm choking, like I can't breathe and I just want to know he is safe.

Harry can hate me all he wants, but I will never forgive myself if something happened to him.

"What do you mean he is gone?" Zayn says, his eyes widening as he grabs his phone from the dresser beside his door, and steps out around me.

"He's left I don't know, I'm sorry Zayn, I'm so sorry." I sob, clenching my arms around myself as to try and hold myself together physically.