Chapter 16

Avery's POV

The drive back to my house seems to drag on forever. I don't know what I am going to do. Harry is the most aggravating boy I have ever known, and that is counting Louis. At least with Louis I can get out of stuff I don't want to do. At least Louis will ask. Harry on the other hand demands, and he won't take no for an answer. I try to seem annoyed and I try to ignore the curly headed kid sitting beside me, but I find myself glancing at him every now and then. Every time I try to sneak a glance over there I see that signature smirk sneak its way on his mouth.

"You're not getting out of it Avery." He says with confidence in his voice.

I sigh and nod my head okay. I know I don't have a choice. The problem is I am going to have to pray that Jack isn't home, or is asleep and doesn't wake up when Harry shows up later. We get closer and Jacks car isn't in the drive way thankfully. I go to get out and shut the door but Harry stops it with his hand. "I will pick u up around 8 o'clock." He says as his green eyes stare into mine.

I hesitate, debating on if I should argue and tell him no or give in and go with him. I have never been to a party, what if Harry gets drunk? He seems like the type who would get wasted and hook up with some trashy girl.

However, before I even realize what I am doing, I find myself nodding my head yes. His smirk turns into a smile and with that, he shuts the door and they drive off.

I make my way inside and look at the clock. I have plenty of time to get ready. I go fill the tub with warm water and bubbles and decide to just relax and think about what I just got myself into.

My mind won't get the idea of Harry getting drunk and doing what wasted teenage boys do best out of my head. I can't get the thought of him ditching me once we get there either. Why does he want me to go? Why not girls like Vicki or that cheerleader Nicole? They are so much prettier than me, and there is no doubt in my mind if Harry showed any type of interest in them, whether they had a boyfriend or not, they would throw themselves at him in a heartbeat.

But he doesn't care about them.

My mind tells me. Yes, he might not act it but what does alcohol do to your mind?

He saved you, not them. He talks to you, not them. He asked you to go, not them.

He kissed you, not them.

My mind keeps spilling all these thoughts in my head, but I just don't know how to believe them. What does a guy like him see in a girl like me? He knows my darkest secret. He might not know the whole truth, and he does not need to know, but instead of him running away he kissed me.

I still can't get that feeling out of my head.

I sigh in frustration, the pros and cons of this situation are not helping me. The good things won't outnumber the bad. I don't know which to believe is the best for me.

I decide to get out and go ahead and get dressed. I have no body to impress so I put on a sweater and jeans I climb on my bed and grab my phone. I dial the number I know by heart and wait for the cheerful greeting on the other end.

"Hello?" Louis says happily like always.

"Hey Lou!" I reply with a smile.

"What's up Avery?" He asks. I can hear the smile on his face through the phone.

"Harrys taking me to a party and I am so nervous." I reply quickly. I bite my lip nervously as there is a long silence on the other end. I almost expect Louis to tell me not to go or stay away from him.

"Make sure you use protection Avery Williams!" He says in a serious tone, but I can hear the humor behind his voice.

"LOUIS!" I shout. My cheeks are a bright red as I hear him burst into a fit of laughter on the other end. "That's not going to happen! He will probably ditch me as soon as we get there!" I say and can't help but laugh at the childish man on the other end.