Chapter 23

Avery's POV

My heart feels like it's caught in my throat as he tugs me to his lips. They were slightly chapped from the stress he has been through the past couple of hours, but I didn't care. I was just so grateful he was awake. My brain kept telling me not to get close, and to remember everyone's warning, even Niall's, but my heart wouldn't let me at that point. I am completely captivated by him. His smile, his messy hair, his tattoos, the chain that is normally around his neck, now around mine, and those sparkling green eyes has drawn me in, and I just can't manage to get free.

His lips move against mine in a slow kiss. His pointer finger wraps around the chain of his necklace, keeping me down in his reach. I tell myself to pull away, but I just can't bring myself to do so. His lips continue to kiss mine, begging for some kind of reaction. I am completely shocked by his move, but slowly start to kiss him back lightly. It feels so surreal kissing this gorgeous man in front of me in the hospital bed. I keep telling myself this is just some sick dream and that I will wake up and realize that he never really gave a shit about me.

But I never woke up.

"What the fuck Styles?!"

Harry's POV

I curse Louis under my breath as Avery pulls away. Her cheeks automatically start to redden as she backs away, knowing she got caught.

Damn that fucking short ass pixie stick for ruining everything.

"Who the hell do you think you are?! Just because you're in the hospital don't mean I won't kick your ass!"

I roll my eyes and glare at Louis. He's stalked over to the foot of my bed. His fists are clenched by his side, and he looks rather pissed. If it didn't hurt to laugh, I would be laughing at him right now.

Leave it to mother hen to fuck everything up.

"Louis, its fine." A quiet voice whispers beside me. I watch as Louis' gaze as it shifted from the death glare to me, to Avery. It softened tremendously and he blew out an over exaggerated sigh.

I smirked as his gaze switched from me to Avery. "We will talk about this later" he mumbles to Avery. "And you better watch yourself before I knock you back out." Louis says pointing his finger back at me.

"Nice to see you too Louis." I reply with an eye roll and a cracked smile. I watch as the corners of his mouth pull up, fighting the smile that is trying to form.

"I brought you your chicken, its sitting over there." He says pointing to the little stand sitting on the corner of the room. Avery smiles and says a quiet thank you before shuffling over to her food. I can tell she's still a bit flustered, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly proud of being the cause of that.

The door opens again and a bit of bickering can be heard. The corners of my mouth pull up a little when I realize its Liam and my cousin. As soon as Zayn looks over to me, my smile fades.

He doesn't look like the Zayn I'm used to. His hairs messy and his eyes are puffy like he's been crying. He looks like he's been through hell, and I know I'm the cause of it.

"Harry, thank god your awake." He says before rushing over beside me.

"Zayn, I'm fine-"

"Harry shut the fuck up with the I'm fine shit. You're not fine, what you did was stupid, ridiculous, and you could have gotten yourself killed!" Zayn snaps and I immediately close my mouth.

"I promised your sister one damn thing and that was to keep your reckless ass safe, and I can't do that if you can't control yourself! One thing Harry, One fucking thing, and I can't even do that! Why? Because you can't control your stupid prob-"