Chapter 12

Niall and I freeze on the spot. I know that voice anywhere, the same raspy deep voice that keeps popping up everywhere I go, even my mind.

I did not notice he came in. I know he came in after we sat down, because I would have definitely noticed him sitting in the table right beside us. I see Niall glance over but look quickly back at his breadsticks. I slowly turn my head and there he is, sitting there with a look on his face I cannot quite make out. He looks pissed, but then again who could honestly blame him. It is obvious that he heard me and Niall's conversation, and I am quite embarrassed by that.

His stare is cold and his eyes are dark. He has a death glare on Niall, and then slowly looks over at me. His eyes meet mine, and I can see the anger in then, but at the same time I see a hint of hurt.

However, I suddenly find anger boiling up inside me, this wasn't just a coincidence, I'm almost sure of it.

But what if it was?

No, Harry does not fit in with Olive Garden, he wouldn't be here by himself, and his old white t-shirt and black skinny jeans looks so out of place in this somewhat fancy restaurant.

The waiter comes and takes Niall and I's order, I try my hardest to ignore Harry, his eyes don't leave Niall and I, and it is very uncomfortable. After a few minutes of silence, I glance over at Harry; he already had a small plate of lasagna. He must have not eaten many bread sticks. It didn't even look like he touched it; it just sat there on his plate. I look up and once again his eyes meet mine. The more I look in them, the more I see hurt, but Harry doesn't have any reason to be hurt, he needs to suck it up and realize that I am not stupid, nor will I deal with his immaturity.

Niall and I just sit there. It is quite awkward right now. Harry just had to show up and ruin it.

"What are you staring at? Do you mind?" I finally say, annoyed.

"Yeah, I do actually." He responds in the rudest tone. Here we go again.

"Why are you here?"

"I am hungry, duh." He is such a smart ass.

"You aren't eating." I say.

"I'm getting it to-go." He responds. Sure enough his waiter hands him a to-go box and he rudely takes it dumping his lasagna in it messily.

I roll my eyes and decide to just drop it, there is no winning when it came to Harry Styles.

"I'm sorry." I say to Niall. I can hear Harry mocking my voice but I choose to just ignore him.

"Its fine Avery, nobody knew he would get so jealous and go so low that he would show up to ruin a date." My cheeks flush a pink color when he said date. It doesn't feel like a date, or does it? I wouldn't know. I haven't ever been on one.

"How about you shut the fuck up blondie?" Harry shouts. "I have two fucking ears I can hear you!" I jump and look over at Harry. His nostrils are flared and his once bright eyes are very dark, the green hardly visible. His fists are clenched shut and people are starting to look at him alarmed.

A waitress comes up cautiously to Harry, but at first he doesn't notice her. His eyes are staring Niall down. If looks could kill... Niall would be six foot under by now.

"Sir, please keep your voice down, your disturbing the customers."

Bad Mistake.

"Excuse me?" Harry replies, his voice dangerously calm. I can tell he is trying to calm down, but his temper is getting the best of him.

"Please keep your voice down." She replies slowly.

I glance back and forth between Niall, Harry and the waitress. Niall is trying to ignore him, a proud smirk across his lips. He probably is proud that Harry heard him, and part of me is proud also. Niall finally stood up, or tried.