For Only You

Vanessa is sitting there, focusing on her work when she feels her entire desk space vibrate, which gives her a mini heart attack.

"My Lord Jesus," she mutters before grabbing her phone. She got an Instagram DM.

ethandolan: Hey Nessa, where and when do you wanna meet today?

vanessamerrell: Hey E, and wherever you want and whenever you're free!

ethandolan: You can come to our house. Maybe at 7? We can have dinner and catch up

vanessamerrell: Perfect! See you then! Just send me your address!

vanessamerrell: Oh wait, Ethan? Is Roni still into hedgehogs?

ethandolan: Yeah, why are you asking? 😂

vanessamerrell: I have a gift for her and it has to do with hedgehogs, I just wanted to know if she still liked them🙊

ethandolan: Oh yeah, she still does. Age doesn't change anything haha, she's a 24 yr old mom who still obsesses over hedgehogs 😂

vanessamerrell: Mom? I'm an aunt? I have a nephew or niece? WOAH😲

ethandolan: Nephew. His name is Grant. He's 3

vanessamerrell: Oh aww, I'm excited to meet him. But I have to go now, I'll see you and Roni later tonight. I'm super excited!

ethandolan: Ok, peace ✌

vanessamerrell: Bye 🙂

Vanessa sets her phone on her desk again before focusing back on her work.

***
"I'm home!" yells Vanessa as she went into her house. Kaden worked from home today, also getting Annika from school.

She walks to the living room to see Annika and her dad playing Mario Kart, talking competitive as they moved their fingers across the controller.

She smiles at the sight, admiring her family.

"Hey babe," she says to Grayson. He looks up at her with his beautiful hazel eyes and replies.

"Hey baby," he replies.

"You're back huh?" asks Vanessa.

"Baby, what are you talking about? I've been back," says Grayson. Vanessa shakes her head and she sees Kaden sitting with Annika, instead of Grayson.

"I'm sorry babe, it's been a long day," she says as she heads for both of them. She kisses them on the lips before going into her room.

She puts an alarm for thirty minutes and lays down, strongly in need of a nap.

***
Vanessa is in a dry forest, walking around, admiring the nature around her.

She suddenly hears a sound, sounding a lot like a human.

She runs close to it, the faint sounds clearly saying "Help!"

The voice led her to a cliff. Vanessa slowly walks to the edge, her sneakers making no sound on the dry land.

She looks down, only to see her twin sister Veronica hanging from the cliff.

"Roni! What are you doing here, how did you get here?" she asks, letting her hand out for her to grab. The drop seems to be about two hundred feet, no chance she'd live if she fell.