Breathing

Song for chapter: "Breathin'" - Ariana Grande
[Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'.]

Grayson

As we go into her room, I see her laying there. An oxygen mask is helping her breathe as her chest goes up and down.

Good, she's breathing.

I head towards the hospital bed, as slowly as I could. As I reach her bed, I sit down on the chair beside it.

Roni, Ethan, and the kids sit on the sofa on the side of the room as I look at my gorgeous love, unconscious and not talking.

I stand up and carefully sit beside her on the bed. "Hey, Nessa."

She doesn't answer, of course she doesn't. She's in this trance, where all she can do is lay still and listen to us; not being able to answer back.

"Look, Nessa, I know you can't answer me, but I do know that you can hear me," I say. A tear comes out of my eye, and I wipe it before it falls to the comforter. "But I just wanted to tell you something I think I haven't said before."

Ethan and Roni start to stand up. "We're gonna leave you two alone. Call us in when you're done."

I smile at my brother, happy he suggested that they leave the room. I can't pour my heart out in front of them, even if they are my family.

Only Nessa should see me, or hear me pour my heart out to her.

As soon as they left, I decided to continue talking to her. "It's kind of ironic that we met over the song 'Perfect'. You know why? Because you are fucking perfect. You're every single fucking thing I want, every single fucking thing I need. When I heard that you left me after the day of the incident, my mind drifted off somewhere else. I wasn't myself Ness, I wanted to kill myself. I wanted to leave this world, only because you weren't with me. And even though I was an asshole, and didn't tell you what was going on with Chloe...I knew you would forgive me. Wherever you were, I knew you were gonna still love me. And here we are, we met and fell in love again. But it seems like destiny doesn't want us to be together. Everything bad that's happened has happened after we met again."

I look out the window, my vision watery from the tears in my eyes. "But I won't let destiny win you over this time. I promise."

*one and a half weeks later*

I get dressed and hurry downstairs, running into Roni as I reach the end of the stairs.

Before she could fall, I caught her in my arms. "Woah, I'm so sorry Ronald."

She holds on tight, before embracing me completely. I stand there in shock, but still manage to drape my arms around her. "I love you, Gray. Thanks for being an amazing boyfriend to my sister, and an amazing best friend to me. I appreciate you."

I sigh in relief. "Awe Roni, that's so sweet of you. I appreciate you too. I was just shocked that you hugged me, I thought you were gonna spank me for accidentally running into you."

"Speaking of spanking..." she smirks. "ETHAN! GRAY'S BULLYING ME!"

"Oh shit..." I curse, running upstairs. I trip and tumble down as Roni clutches her stomach from laughing too much.

"Looks like the baby's having an earthquake in there," I say to Roni as she laughs more. Ethan comes in and eyes us, a confused expression set on his face.

"Don't judge us," I say, eyeing him. He looks at Roni, then me, and smirks.

"You said he was bullying you, huh baby?" he says. I gasp, stand up, and run upstairs again to escape my brother.

As he runs up the stairs, I run as fast as I can until I'm in my room.

I lock the door and go inside, laying on my bed. I hear faint noises from downstairs a couple minutes later but I decide to ignore them.

Thoughts flood my brain.

When is Nessa gonna get better?

When am I ever gonna get rid of this fear that something is gonna happen to her?

When am I ever gonna start acting...normal?

No Grayson, she's fine. Stop fucking with yourself. Be positive.

I sigh before standing up from my bed and heading downstairs again, honestly down to see anyone and anything that comes in my way.

Including my idiot twin brother.

As soon as I reach the bottom of the staircase, I see no one in sight.

I suddenly get a call on my phone and see that it's Ethan calling me. "Bro, I'm sorry we left you, we were in a hurry and you weren't answering our yells. But please come to the hospital quick, Nessa isn't feeling too well."

◇◇◇

Omg hi, how are you?

I missed you guys so freaking much you can't even imagine. I'm so sorry for not posting for the past month, I was busy with LA and then school started. Along with that, I got a minor pneumonia infection and am still struggling with health issues because of it.

I'm getting better, so that's good. But because of that, I got to write, so expect more frequent updates from not only this story, but others. AND MAYBE NEW ONES! You'll just have to wait and see.

I want to just take a moment to say that I'm very proud of the Dolan Twins for "Hawaiian Party" and the music video and everything that took to make it. Grayson and Ethan have always been super creative, and they just showed off how they can make masterpieces with their genius creativities. I love them, and I love how nervous Ethan was during the kiss AHAHA. Also, some people think this is a way of Grayson coming out as bi because one of the guys who kissed another guy was a twin and Ethan was in it so he's obviously the straight one...

But we're not sure, so we're not gonna say anything. But even if he is, I'll support him and love him just the same.

I love you guys, and I hope you enjoyed this. Expect another chapter this weekend!

Xoxo,
Umi 💜

[Word count: 1016]