Gone Together

WARNING! THIS IS A VERY SAD STORY, SO TAKE OUT YOUR TISH.

ALSO, THE USE OF MEDICAL LANGUAGE.

ITALISIZE MEANS EITHER FLASHBACK OR THOUGHTS.

ENJOY MY LOVELIES! :)

-------------------------------

*3rd person*

Vanessa lays in her hospital bed, thinking about the memories of when she was told the bad news, the news that has changed her life forever.

"Doctor, what are the results?" asks Vanessa.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, Ms. Merrell, but you have ovarian cancer," the doctor says.

Vanessa feels a hand squeeze hers as she looks over at her boyfriend, Grayson. She could feel the tears dropping from her eyes like rivers.

"She can get better, right?" asks Grayson.

"I would say yes, but only if it affected one of her ovaries. The reports and x-rays show that both her ovaries have been affected. Because of that, surgery needs to be done. But, there's bad news in every way. Either she can't have children or the cancer has spread into her body more. It's just a matter of time," says the doctor. They both sigh in disbelief as they leave the hospital.

***

The two of them are back at Vanessa's apartment, to pack for the hospital. Grayson's just roaming around the room, a worried expression set on his face.

"This can't be happening," he keeps repeating. Vanessa starts to cry more, seeing Grayson this hurt from the news really made her heart ache more.

"I'm sorry babe..." she says in between sobs.

"No no, don't apologize. Baby, you didn't know you were gonna get cancer, why are you apologizing?" asks Grayson, sitting by Vanessa on her bed.

"We can't have children, no matter what. I wanted to have them with you, you are the love of my life. I can't imagine a life without you and our own little children running around our own house," says Vanessa, more tears coming from her eyes. As she spoke, she could taste the salty tears that have reached her lips.

"Baby, having babies shouldn't be the first thing on your mind right now. Your health is more important. Besides, we can adopt when you get better! Wouldn't that be amazing?" says Grayson. Vanessa smiles as she zips up her bag.

"Yeah, I guess it is," says Vanessa.

"That's my girl," says Grayson as he taps Vanessa's back. She tenses from the pat, Grayson wonders why. But he just takes Vanessa's bag as they both leave her apartment door, heading for the hospital.

***

*A week later*

"Today's the day..." Grayson kept telling himself. Today's the day his love will get surgery to get her female parts removed. Today's the day the doctors find out if the cancer has spread to other parts of her body, which it hopefully hasn't.

Grayson goes into Vanessa's hospital room to say hello before she has to go to the operating table.

Vanessa is laying down on the bed, tears in her eyes.

"Hello baby," he says to Vanessa. She quickly wipes her tears off before she answers.

"Hello babe," she says, her voice shaky. Yet, she still manages to give Grayson a toothy smile.