Farewell

Vanessa

Today is the day I say goodbye to Kaden forever.

In about an hour, we have to leave to go get Roni and Ethan, and then we're gonna head to the funeral home.

I go to my closet and take out Annika's black dress, along with my own. Her dress had little sparkles on the top and had a lilttle tutu on the bottom. 

I see all of Kaden's clothes in the closet and a tear escapes my eye; these clothes no longer have an owner.

I quickly get changed into my black dress, which is plain with a flowy bottom. I also put on some black three-inch heels.

I go out the closet to see Grayson sitting on the bed in a black suit.

He stands up and wipes a tear from his face, "How do I look?" he jokes.

"Great," I smile. "As always, black, yellow, red, and gray are your colors."

"Thanks, bab-" he stops himself. "Vanessa."

"You can call me that if you want," I say.

"Call you what?"

"What you were gonna call me," I say like it's obvious.

"Okay," he says, walking closer to me. "Hi balloon, how are you?"

He smirks before I playfully hit him on the chest as he starts to run to get away from me. I run after him, in heels. The sad vibes in the air are replaced by a playful one.

"GRAYSON BAILEY DOLAN!" I yell. He catapults on the bed but fails to do so, falling on the ground, "HA!" I yell at him again, sticking my tongue out.

He sticks a tongue out himself before sticking his leg out in front of me, making me fall right on top of him, "Ouch," he winces as I land on him. "You have gained a lot of weight, you're literally crushing me."

"I hate you."

"You know you love me," he smirks. I lightly slap his face and then set my head on his chest, trying to get my breath back.

I hear his heart beating fast at how close we are, the scent of his cologne filling my nostrils, "Tired?" he asks.

"Very," I say, closing my eyes.

We stay like that for what seemed like hours but was only a minute or two. I sit up a little, laying beside him. I turn, and he does as well.

His expression changes as he gently grabs my left hand, playing with the ring that has occupied my left hand's ring finger for almost 6 years now, "I noticed this a couple days ago. You kept it on?"

"Yeah," I say. "I didn't have the audacity to take it off."

"I'm glad," he says. "That means I won't have to practice proposing to Ethan again," he chuckles.

"In that case..." I say, taking the ring off and setting it on the floor beside me. Grayson gasps, glaring at me.

"You didn't," he says.

"Yes, I did."

"No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"I hate you," he whines.

"You know you love me," I smirk at him, using his own words. He laughs before picking up the ring off of the floor and puts it in his back pocket. 

"Hey! What are you doing? Give me my ring back!" I say. He shakes his head.

"Nope," he says. "I'll give it to you soon, just not yet."

"What? Why?"

"Reasons," he says. I roll my eyes.