( 001 ) one!

finn and i sit next to each other in math class, which is probably my worst subject. finn sees me struggling and leans over. "want to get out of here?" he askes, softly. finn and i...i don't know what we were. he likes me and i like him. we flirt, and even kissed a couple times, but we've never made it 'official'.

"how?" i whisper. "i think it'll be obvious that we're skipping when neither of us come back from the 'bathroom'," i say, making quotation marks with my fingers for the word 'bathroom'.

"who said anything about the bathroom?" he grins. i give him a little smile and shake my head. "ok, get to, like, sharpen your pencil, or something, then trip and act like you've hurt yourself."

"finn, what are you doing?"

"just trust me, y/n! please?" i sigh, not being able to resist his beautiful brown eyes. i stand up, pencil in hand, and 'trip' over my own feet, hissing in pain for dramatic effect. everybody looks up, including mr. woods, the teacher. finn looks like he's trying not to laugh.

"y/n, are you alright?" mr. woods frowns.

glancing at finn, i shake my head. "i, um, fell really hard. can i have a pass to the nurse?" to be even more dramatic, i act like i can't get up. "ow!"

"i'll take her to the nurse, mr. woods!" finn volunteers loudly. i hear a few snickers, and my face heats up. thank goodness mr. woods has always been gullible.

"very well, but come straight back," he says, handing a slip of paper to finn. finn picks me up bridal style and carries me out the classroom. i laugh at him once the door closes and he didn't put me down immediately. "finn!" he pecks my lips and gently sets me on my feet, but wraps an arm around my shoulders. we began to stroll around the hallway.

the two of us began to talk about everything, but i let myself wander deeper into my thoughts. it soon became clear to the curly haired boy that i was paying him zero attention.

"y/n, what's wrong?" he asks, concerned.

"nothing, it doesn't matter. what were you saying?" finn stops us from walking any further.

"n/n, what is it?" i take a deep breath, trying to gather courage to ask the question that's been bothering me for a while now.

"what are we?" he looks taken aback at the sudden question.

"wha- what do you mean?"

"i mean, what are we? we flirt, kiss, act like a couple, but we're not."

finn makes eye contact with me. "y/n, i want to be! i want to be the one who texts you every morning and night to say hi. i want to be the one who you think of and smile. i want to be the one to buy you things and i want to go on dates and be a careless teenager hopelessly in love with a girl who i hope loves me back just as much. i want all of that, and i have for a while." i can feel a lump growing in my throat and eyes watering.

"i want all of that, too." finn takes my hand and cheekily gets down on one knee, his eyes sparkling.

"y/n y/l/n, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend?"

"of course, you dork," i laugh. finn stands once more and captures my lips in a kiss. i wish i could stay in this moment forever.

i suck at endings lmao bUt first imagine! how is it? feedback is appreciated and you can request at any time