( 021 ) twenty-one!

finn had a crush. not one of those fleeting crushes that come and go, with people you're otherwise repulsed by. this crush left him red-faced, clammy hands, and short of breath.

his crush was none other than y/n, but he knew it would never work out between them. his heart broke a little everytime he remembered that crucial detail, but he pushed it aside. he knew his crush on y/n would go nowhere seeing as she was five years older than him. oh, and she was dating his older brother.

finn was home for a while, seeing as he got some time off of filming for season three. y/n and nick were to hang out together that day, but finn didn't know she was coming over.

the doorbell rang while finn was eating his breakfast around noon. he jumped up to answer the door, seeing as nick was still in the shower. he froze as he saw y/n standing there, looking flawless.

"hey, tiny wolfhard," she smiled. finn flushed at the nickname she had given him a long time ago, even though he was taller than her.

"oh, h-hey, y/n," the boy stuttered. he cleared his throat, silently cursing himself for being an awkward bitch. "nick, uh, didn't tell me you were coming o-over." he gave her a forced smile which probably looked like he was in pain, but the older girl just ruffled his hair.

"hmm, he should've, i shouldn't keep secrets from my favourite wolfhard." she winked and gestured to the door. "any reason you're refusing to let me in?" finn blushed once more at the words 'my favourite wolfhard' and then turned even more red when he realized his mistake.

"oh, i'm really sorry-" he began, but the older girl brushed it off.

"don't sweat it, tiny wolfhard," she assured him. finn closed the door behind her and returned to his breakfast. "where's nick?" she asked, following him to the dining room.

"showering," finn answered before taking a bite of his bagel.

"he must really stink if he is taking this long," y/n mused. finn snorted and nearly choked on his bagel. y/n laughed her wonderful laugh and thumped him on the back a couple times. "don't go dying on me, now," she teased him. finn gave a breathless laugh and took another bite to stop himself from saying something embarrassing.

at that moment, nick bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"who was at the door, finn?" nick called. "i heard the doorbell."

"so you can hear that, but when i ask you to clean up after yourself at my place you suddenly go deaf, is that the case?" y/n shouted back. finn snickered into his bagel and finished it off. nick walked past finn into the dining room, as the younger boy left to clean up his plate. as he left the kitchen, he saw nick press a kiss to y/n's lips before the headed up to nick's room to hang out for a while.

finn's heart sank. to him, y/n was a goddess, spreading love and kindness wherever she went, wowing everyone with her beauty. but to y/n, finn was just her boyfriend's younger brother and that's all he would ever be.

--

yeet okay i wrote this in like ten minutes lmao

i came up w this idea a few days ago at work and i had to write it.

i still have requests to write and i apologize for the wait.

i'm listening to 1d rn and cRying™™ also my sister keeps squealing at every song so that's fun

reminder that i love y'all!!!!