( 012 ) twelve!

get comfy kiddos, bc i got carried away

"ok, y/n!" olivia grinned at me. "truth or dare?" it was a friday night, and olivia invited me and a few other girls over for her birthday sleep over. the whole time, we were basically on our phones, binging on junk food and showing memes to each other (after cake and ice cream, of course), until olivia's mom, who was pretty laid back, told us to put them up for at least 10 minutes, saying that we would lose brain cells.

thus started the iconic, yet troublesome game of truth or dare. up till now, megan has run into olivia's older brother's room and shouted, "FUCK YA CHICKEN STRIPS!" and run back out, amelia has spilled the beans about her crush, jake, and anna ate a spoonful of mayo. olivia had to prank call domino's, asking if they served chicken and rice. it was my turn, and i was feeling pretty reckless.

"dare," i said confidently. "give me the worst you've got." amelia's eyes widened as she got an idea, and once she whispered it to olivia, they began to giggle loudly.

"what?" anna said, just as confused as i was, since no one was giving any context. olivia whispered it to her and anna gasped.

"don't make her do that!" she said.

"what?" i demanded. "i can do it!"

"are you sure, y/n?" olivia smirked. "i don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

"i chose dare so give me a dare!" i insisted. olivia shrugged.

"fine, i dare you to ask finn wolfhard on a date." my mouth hung open. my friends giggled at my reaction. "and you have to do it in person at school and you actually have to go out with him. no ditching!"

"but he's, like, the nerdiest kid ever!"

"a dares a dare," megan shrugged.

"of course, if you want another one, i could give you something else?" i glared, knowing it would be worse than the dare that had just been given. i sighed, knowing there was no way i back down.

"fine," you grumbled.

monday came far too quickly. anna and olivia's lockers were near mine, so they were waiting for me.

"today's the day!" olivia teased. i glared, but i wasn't extremely angry at her. olivia doesn't try to be mean, but sometimes she goes a bit overboard. i grabbed all of my stuff, we walked to our first class. finn, of course, was already there, reading a book. olivia silently giggled and shoved me in his direction.

i slowly walked up to him and cleared my throat. he looked up, his curls covering his forehead. he was kinda cute, i thought. "h-hey, finn," i began awkwardly. "um, w-would you like to go out with...me?" his face lit up, and i felt guilt wash over me.

"really?" he said. i internally winced. "you wanna go on a date with me?" i bit my lip and nodded. a smile widened on his face. "uh, yes! i would really like to go out with you! here's my number, so we can plan!" he quickly scribbled numbers on a piece of paper and i weakly took it.

"looking forward to it," i said, before walking away very quickly back to my friends.

"aw, look," olivia said. "he's staring at you." anna and i turned to see finn looking at me. he saw me staring, blushed, and turned back to his book.