( 019 ) nineteen!

"y/n!" the girl hears a voice behind her say. she turns and sees her friend, mason, running up to her, while shoving past people leaving the building to go home.

"oh, hey," she smiles.

"you're coming tonight, right? i'm going around asking everyone just to make sure. unless you have family night." he winked at her and y/n rolled her eyes. family night was a lie she made up in order to get put of going to a stupid school dance with some repulsive guy who had asked to be her date. he had just walked up to her and asked to go to the dance as a couple and she panicked and blurted, "family night!"

mason had been walking by and the two started up a conversation, becoming friends. mason had been on the track team the previous year, so he had convinced y/n to try out for the team with him the next day. she reluctantly agreed and (surprisingly) managed to make the team!

her boyfriend, finn, always showed up to the meets, making posters for the team.

that night, the track team had scheduled a pizza night, celebrating the end of a successful season. every member said they were able to come so far, and they even allowed y/n to invite finn.

"yeah, i'm still available, you jerk," she responded, shoving him. "when are you gonna let that go?"

"never, my friend, never. do you wanna spend the next few hours at amelia's house?"

"i'd love to, but i've got to get something from my locker, and then me and finn had planned to hang out for a little while before," she laughs and begins to back away, attempting to not run into stragglers. "i'll call you, ok?" mason nodded, and the two went separate ways.

y/n rushed to her locker. she unlocked the lock and gently widened to metal door. she began sifting through all the junk piled up on the bottom, mumbling incoherent profanities at the trash.

a pair of hands covered her eyes, and a deep voice asked, "guess who?"

"hmm," she mused, going along with it. "is it my favourite actor, caleb mclaughlin?"

the person removed their hands and leaned against the locker next to y/n's. "i'm honestly very hurt right now, y/n," finn sighed dramatically, then pressed a chaste kiss to her lips. y/n smiled as she pulled away, then went back to searching for that stubborn paper. after a few seconds, she looked over and saw finn staring at her.

"is there something on my face?" she asked, only half caring, finally finding her paper.

"yeah...perfection," he smiled cheekily.

y/n rolled her eyes and slammed her locker shut. "how long have you been waiting to use that one?" she leaned down to put it in her binder.

"a while actually," he admitted.

she zipped up her bookbag and hoisted the strap up on her shoulder. "you're an idiot, finn wolfhard."

"you are beautiful, y/n y/l/n."

"what a cliche reference," she teased, poking him in the side. y/n grabbed his hand and they began to walk to the to the front of the school, heading to the girl's house. she wanted to spend as much time with him as possible before he had to leave to film another movie.