( 002) two!

they were meant to collide. y/n and her soulmate. the only problem was that she hadn't met her soulmate yet. there was no timer, they would have to find each other on their own. she often looked at her wrist, tracing the ink on her skin. her soulmate had the same tattoo as her and every tattoo was different. her soulmate was out there, hopefully looking as hard for her as she was looking for them. she couldn't wait!

"y/n!" mrs. l/n called to her daughter from the bottom of the stairs. y/n glanced up from her laptop where she was watching old disney channel shows

"what?" she called back down to her mother.

"come to the grocery store with me, please! i need your help picking out a cake for your father's birthday." y/n reluctantly got out of bed and went downstairs.

"mom, you married the man. shouldn't you know what kind of cake he wants?"

"yes, but i know for a fact that he's been hinting about it to you." y/n sighed.

"fine, lemme get changed first."

on the way to the store, y/n instinctively glanced down at her tattoo. hers was the yin and yang symbol. it felt a bit tingly but she brushed it off, thinking that she was being paranoid. her mother looked over and saw the girl rubbing her wrist self-consciously. y/m/n gave a slight smile as she remembered her younger days waiting for her soulmate.

the two walked into the store minutes later, and y/n helped her mother pick out a chocolate cake for her father. "can we make cupcakes, too?" y/n asked hopefully. her mom laughed.

"you're going to give all of us diabetes! but i guess so," she amended, smiling lightly at her daughter's pleading face. y/n cheered lightly and ran off to the cake mix aisle. she tried to hurry, not wanting to keep her mom waiting.

half way to the aisle in mind, y/n changed her mind and decided that ice cream goes with cake better than anything really, so she changed directions. she noticed that she wasn't the only one getting ice cream, there were two other boys looking at the frozen goodness. she tried not to make eye contact, but in doing that she bumped into one of the boys.

looking up at him, her breath hitched and her wrist felt like it was on fire. she looked down and saw the tattoo slowly fading. raising her head once more, y/n took in the boys features. his black hair was extremely curly and messy. behind his glasses were the most beautiful shade of brown y/n had ever seen. his smile, growing bigger as he took in her features, could make flowers grow, y/n decided. he was breathtaking. and judging by the fading of her tattoo, he was her soulmate.

"h-hey," y/n stuttered, looking up at his tall frame.

"hey," he smiled lopsidedly. "so you're my soulmate, huh?"

"it appears so," y/n breathed out. "i'm y/n."

"i'm finn. you're beautiful, by the way." y/n blushed.

"you're not too bad yourself." unable to help herself, y/n threw her arms around his waist. the two fit together like puzzle pieces. finn's friend awkwardly cleared his throat.

"uh, buddy?" he said. finn and y/n broke apart.

"oh! y/n, this is one of my best friends, josh. josh, this is y/n, my soulmate." josh simply smiled at the two.

"i'm gonna go check out." and he left, leaving the two teenagers standing there in the middle of the freezer aisle.

just then, y/n's mother appeared. "y/n!" she sighed, looking a tad frazzled. "i've looked everywhere! what took you so- oh," she stopped herself as she saw finn's arm around her shoulder.

"mom, this is finn, my soulmate," the girl said carefully. y/m/n tried to her smile.

"i'll be in the car," she promised. "five minutes." and with that, she walked away. y/n turned back to finn.

"can i get your number?" she asked nervously. the two exchanged contact info and made plans to meet up soon. y/n said that she had to go and bade finn goodbye. she didn't want to leave him, but her mom was waiting. finn planted a lasting kiss on her cheek and whispered goodbye. y/n's cheeks felt very hot as she walked away.

the car ride home was quiet as y/n texted finn, getting to know him better. you couldn't wipe the smile off her face. her whole life suddenly seemed brighter. y/n and finn. finn and y/n. they were meant to collide.

no i'm nOt crying!!!1!1 i rlly like this one :)
feel free to leave requests!
and if u wanna talk, don't be afraid to dm me!