The Sweetest Devotion

Devotion: love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause. This word could be used to describe almost every relationship surrounding Stefanie Foster from the time she was born starting with Francine Foster. No one had been more devoted to that little girl then her and Debbie at that time in her life up until she was ripped out of there home. Even after Fran never gave up one day in terms of looking for your young niece. Not once nor had Debbie. As Stef grew older it had been Diane. Diane Gray was devoted to that woman to the point that she sacrificed nearly everything for her. Everything. Her children. Stef's children was another level of devotion even down when it came to Callie the most distant of all three who was now making a bit of progress but had no intention of ever living with her mother again. As a little girl she had shown the uptmost devotion to Stef even when the woman had crushed her heart. Jude, sweet Jude loved his mother more than life itself and understood when she explained that in order to be a better mother that she needed additional help. Outside help that would cause her to live in a Drug and Alcohol program for 30 days. Jude had almost taken it like an adult, like the old soul he was reassuring Stef that it would be ok, that he loved her no matter what and that he would be fine in Lena's care. Frankie however had taken it differently literally crying her eyes out. Despite her older age of 22 she had just started to form a relationship with her birth mother and was torn to shreds that she was in so much pain. 

"It's 30 days?" Jude asked as the blonde sat down on her couch along with Frankie and Lena explaining the program she needed to attend.

"Yes love. You can visit me once a week after I get approved and you can call me."

"Ok and it will help?"

"I think so sweetheart. Listen babies, I don't want to leave either of you, god knows I don't but I have to do this. I really do because you both, and Callie deserve it. And I do as well and so does Lena." She said looking to the slim woman smiling softly at her as Lena returned it. They had spoken about their feelings a tiny bit knowing maybe one day their romance might rekindle. However, Stef's recovery was at the forefront and the most important.  "I don't want to drink myself to death or smoke my brains out forever or handle my issues in this way. There are other reasons I need to do this as well. Do you both understand?"

"Yeah I get it mom. It's ok. We want you to feel better too."

"I know you do love. I know."  Gently stroking his face the cops eyes looked to Frankie who had been very quiet and she saw why. Tears were running out of her eyes and Lena affectionately held her hand. She knew how much Frankie adored the blonde and she knew it was difficult since their relationship had just started.

"It's ok honey. Your mom will be ok it's just...." She began as Frankie got up almost running off to the patio as Stef quickly followed behind.

"I'll get her." The blonde said as she headed to the patio seeing the girl on the chair crying her eyes out. Feeling heartbroken herself at her daughter's tears that she had never witnessed to this level before she took a seat behind her wrapping her arms around the young girl. Feeling her mother Frankie held her arms as Stef kissed the back of her head over and over.

"Its ok baby. Don't cry sweetheart. It's ok my love." Stef soothed as the girl continued to cry her eyes out now turning to face her with the most heartbroken look ever. "Aww my babygirl. It's ok. I promise it will be ok."

"I just want you to be ok. I'm so sorry your life was so hard. I just want you to be ok mama."

"I will be ok Francesca Diane. I will my love." She said gently wiping her daughters yes. "I have to be because we have so much more to learn about each other right? Don't we love?"

"Yes. Yes." Frankie agreed but feeling devastated because Stef had really become her heart in such a short amount of time.

"I mean I haven't even had time to really boss you around yet."

Laughing now at the blonde Stef laughed herself as she gently kissed her forehead.

"Aww there is that smile I love. Come here sweetheart. Come in mama's arms ." Pulling the girl close to her as they rested their backs on the patio chair Frankie rested beside her hugging her mother around her waist tightly. "You know babygirl we will see the same stars at night sweetheart, and the facility is very close. You will come see me yes?"

"Of course ma." Smiling at the blonde Stef returned it.

"You know Frankie it's not often we get more then one angel in our lives. I was lucky to get a few in mine. Thank you sweetheart. Thank you for being one of my angels."

"You're my angel to mama. Forever."

Lena. She had what they called the patience of a saint and her level of devotion for Stef was unheard of to most people. Ending her marriage, a few friendships, and putting up with fights with her mother was all in the name of love. Love and devotion for a woman who had more issues than she could ever muster or handle in her life. During their time together and apart Lena had questioned her own sanity at why she remained in her life, why she loved her, why she would support her and her children. Why? Why, because she loved her. She loved her without any real explanation as to why and could never give one that people would agree on or understand. However in reality it wasn't meant for them to understand. It really wasn't' for it was her heart, her life and her choice.  It was and maybe she had been the sweetest devotion of them all. Or maybe each person that loved Stef was but for her all of them were. All of them were the Sweetest Devotion.

That night as Jude, Lena and Frankie dropped her off the cop knew it wasn't going to be easy. None of it and the next thirty days would be the most challenging of them all.  She would have to face every demon in her life that she ignored including herself but she was ready. She finally was as she waved her family goodbye and signed herself in for this was it. It was all or nothing at this point and she had to do it. 

While she was settling in and growing accustomed to the routines of rehab Francine Foster and Debbie Foster were packing up the last of the boxes for their move when she received a letter. It was a letter stating that her sister Sharon Foster had passed away a few weeks ago and that all her assets  would be split between her and Stefanie Foster listing an address and phone number for the blonde. Staring at the letter Fran almost couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe her eyes and fell to the floor with tears running down her face. Debbie heard her from the kitchen running in and holding the woman in her arms.

"She's, there is an address. There, there is an address and phone number." She cried as Debbie looked to the letter as well holding the blonde in her arms and crying just as much. It had taken over 30 years but she had found her niece and another part of Stef would be healed forever.
------------------------------

This part of the book is over and we will now start the last installment called, Finding Home, where Stef will finally heal and recover for herself and family.

I wonder how she will feel seeing Fran and Debbie, what will Callie be up to and Lena. Will her and Stef get back together? :) We will just have to see!