Chapter 4: The White Wolf

Caroline Forbes

I look again at the name Niklaus tattooed on my collarbone and sigh. I take out my phone and dial his number.

"Yes, love?"

"How's New Orleans?"

"I had a change of plans. I'm coming back to Mystic Falls."

"What? Really?" I sit up.

"Yes, something came up. I should be arriving at your house any minute now."

I walk over to my window and look out to see Klaus's car pull in the driveway. I watch as he gets out of the car with his phone up to his ear.

"I see you."

He looks up.

"And I see you."

"Come up."

"Hello love." He ends the call and puts his phone in his pocket. I throw my phone on the bed and run over to him. Before I can hug him he kisses me.

"I have something to discuss with you," he says breaking the kiss.

"What?" I look away when he takes his shirt off. "You could warn me before you take your shirt off."

"I kind of had to take it off to show you this," he says and I turn to see him pointing at a name on his collarbone.

"Oh my god." I show him the name on mine.

"Since you've been a vampire have you killed anyone?" he asks putting his shirt back on.

"No." I fix my shirt.

"There is a chance that you could have the werewolf gene," he says and I look at him confused. "I know you don't like killing people but I know you hate Silas."

"What about Silas?" He grabs my hand.

"I've captured him and I was going to kill him," he says as he leads me out to his car. "But seeing there's a chance you have the werewolf gene I wanted to know if you would like to kill him."

"I don't want him to torment my friends and I anymore so yes." He opens the passenger door and I get in as vamp speeds to the other side.

* * * *

He parks in front of a mansion and I gape at the size.

"Never seen a mansion before," he says as I get out of the car. I shake my head and he chuckles as I follow him inside. He leads me into a room where Silas sits with shackles on his wrists.

"How is he not doing magic?" I turn to Klaus.

"See those shackles on his wrists?" he asks and when I nod my head he continues. "Those are dark objects. They help to keep his magic at bay."

"Oh." Silas's eyes flutter open.

"Where am I?" he says and looks at me. "Caroline. What a delightful surprise."

My smile doesn't reach my eyes and he turns to Klaus.

"Ah, the original hybrid." He looks down at the shackles. "Why am I here?"

"She's going to kill you," Klaus says smirking.

"Oh," he says. "Can you take down the other side first?"

"Nope." I snap his neck. I fall to the floor in pain and when I look up my eyes are yellow.

"Just what I thought," Klaus says smiling. My bones start breaking as the transformation sets in but it goes faster than I expected.

Niklaus Mikaelson

In front of me stands a white wolf with ocean blue eyes. I squat down and slide my hand over her smooth white fur. I transform into a wolf and Caroline nuzzles her nose into my face. I do the same and I transform back as she does the same. She realizes she's naked and tries to cover herself. I hand her my shirt and she puts it on hurriedly.

"I probably should have told you to bring extra clothes." I smirk at her. "But I gotta say. You do look good in my shirt."

She blushes at the floor as I walk toward the door.

"Could you um grab some clothes from my house?" she asks.

"Of course." I walk out closing the door behind me.

-20 minutes later-

Caroline Forbes

Klaus walks in holding a pair of clothes and I smile at him in gratitude. I take the clothes and he turns around to give me privacy as I change.

"You can turn around now," I say as I adjust my shirt. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Ask away." He stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Why was the transformation so short? I mean when I sat through it with Tyler it took him hours."

"It may have something to do with you being my mate." He grimaces at Tyler's name as he grazes his fingers over his name on my collarbone.

"Most likely." I stop his hand from going any lower. "What does it mean to be someone's mate?"

"It-," he starts but Rebekah rushes into the room. "Nik we have a problem. Mikael is here."

Hello. I hope you are enjoying More Than Friends because I love it.

Hugs and kisses,
Klarolineforevrr

Word count: 827