Chapter 15: Missing Him

Caroline Forbes

It's been a stressful week, that I can admit to anyone. What I can't admit to just about anyone is that I miss Klaus. I need him like a human needs food and water. Ever since he left, I've had this empty feeling inside me like I'm missing something. My thoughts are interrupted by the front door slamming and Katherine storms by.

"What are you doing here?" She looks up at the sound of my voice.

"I'm here to see Damon. I know he misses me." She has a seductive look about her.

"Sorry not sorry, but Damon's out with his girlfriend. Like on a date." I smirk as Katherines' face scrunches up in annoyance.

"Who's this lucky girl huh?" She flips her hair over her shoulder as I stand up from the couch.

"Your 'boring' doppelganger." She grunts in frustration but her face lights up with another idea.

"Stefan?" She has a winning look on her face when I roll my eyes.

"Oh, he's upstairs." When she struts towards the stairs. "Although I wouldn't advise walking into his room."

"Why not?" She turns to look, annoyance all over her face.

"I don't think you'd like to see Rebekah without clothes." Her shoulders slump in defeat and she sends a glare my way.

"I could always get Klaus in my bed again." She grins in triumph.

"What do you mean again?"

"We had a little moment of weakness back in 1724. He found me trying to escape him and well I think you can guess what happened." She walks towards the front door but turns at the last second. "You may think Klaus loves you but believe me when I say he doesn't. He doesn't care about anyone but himself." The door slams behind her when she leaves and I slump back on the couch.

Niklaus Mikaelson

"Fifteen of my men have died in the past two days to this creature Klaus." Marcellus stands in front of me, a drink in hand. "What is it and how do we kill it?"

"It's an oliang. Attacked one of my hybrids in Mystic Falls." He slams his drink down on the table, the amber liquid splashing over the top of the glass.

"Why were you in Mystic Falls?"

"That is my business and my business alone." When he says nothing I continue. "There is no cure for the bite of this creature."

"Fine, I'll have a witch do some research on it." He picks up his drink and downs it. "We're done here."

"One question." He turns towards me, one eyebrow goes up questioningly. "How do you know when the witches are doing magic? What's your secret weapon?"

"That's my business now, isn't it?" He sets his glass down on the table and the look on his face tells me that I should go. I take out my phone and dial Carolines' number.

"Hey, how's New Orleans?"

"It would be better if you were here."

"Katherine came here today."

"Did she hurt you?"

"No, she just came over looking for Damon and Stefan."

"Good. If she harms you I'll kill her."

"She also mentioned 1724."

"That was a long time ago."

"I know."

"Are you upset about this?"

"No, I understand. It was a long time ago."

"Caroline."