Chapter 11: The Spell

Caroline Forbes

"Hello?" I walk into my room in Klaus's mansion to find Klaus sobbing on the floor. "Klaus, what's wrong?"

He doesn't look up, just continues on sobbing.

"He can't hear you, child." I turn around when I hear the familiar voice to find Bonnie's grams.

"Grams? But your-"

"Dead? Yes, I know but so are you." She points at what Klaus is sobbing over. I turn around and find my dessicated body lying on the bed.

"No I- I can't be dead. I can't just leave him alone." I put my hand on Klaus's arm and he looks around as if he can feel it.

"Who's there?" He looks around again as if he were expecting someone to jump out.

"Did he feel that?" I bring my hand up to my face and inspect it. "How?"

"The other side is falling apart. This may come as a surprise to you but Bonnie knew the entire time."

"No Bonnie would tell us something like this." I clench my fists at my sides.

"There is a spell to bring you back and others but you must find the anchor first." I see a shadow behind the door and walk towards it. When I get near the door, it slams shut loudly and Klaus jumps in surprise.

"Lexi?" She looks up in surprise when she hears my voice. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to know what was happening to the other side but I had no idea you were here." She looks at Grams. "It's true, isn't it? The other side is falling apart."

"It's true but Caroline. Find Bonnie. You can communicate with her." I nod my head and go to find Bonnie.

* * * *

"Caroline, what are you doing here?" Bonnie jumps up from her bed when I slam open the door.

"Why haven't you told anyone that the other side is falling apart?"  I cross my arms over my chest as she looks shocked.

"How do you know about that?"

"I'm dead Bonnie." Her face falls as I walk over and touch her arm. "But there's a spell that can bring me back."

"There is?" She looks over at the door when Elena walks in.

"Who are you talking to Bonnie?" She walks over to Bonnie's dresser and shoves some clothes into a bag.

"I have bad news and good news." She fiddles with her fingers as I touch her shoulder in comfort.

"Bad news first." Elena sets her bag on the bed and sits down. She gasps when she looks up at Bonnie.

"Caroline's dead."

"I can see her right in front of me right now." Elena stands up.

"But that's impossible." My hand leaves Bonnie's arm and Elena gasps.
"How come I wasn't told this?"

"She hasn't been dead that long." Elena realizes Bonnie isn't looking at her.

"Is she here?" When Bonnie nods she asks another question. "How come I can't see her when she's not touching you?"

"The other bad news. The other side is falling apart."