Chapter 6: The Date & the Kiss

Caroline Forbes

When we arrived at the restaurant the waiter instantly shows us to our table. Klaus pulled out my chair before sitting down across from me.

"The special tonight is barbecued shrimp," The waiter said handing us our menus. "Do you have an idea for drinks?"

"Just some white wine," Klaus said looking up from his menu. "And two glasses."

"I'll come back when you're ready to order." He walks away, speaking briefly to another waiter before disappearing behind the kitchen doors.

* * * *

"...and then the pillow exploded in Elena's face and when she turned toward us her face was bright blue." I laugh as I tell Klaus stories of my sleepovers with Elena and Bonnie. He laughs with me, downing the last of his wine.

"I love your laugh sweetheart." He gets all serious and I stop mid-drink.

"I always thought it sounded like an old ugly bell."

"It sounds like a bright and shiny new bell or the tinkling of a fairy's laugh." He beckons for the waiter to take our empty wine bottle and glasses.

"Would you like the check, sir?"

Klaus leaves some money on the table and we walk to the front desk.

"Bring the car around the front." The waiter hurries off as Klaus turns to me. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." We walk outside, my hand on his arm. "I had a good time tonight."

"Good." He smiles. A genuine smile.

* * * *

Rebekah Mikaelson

"Hello?" a familiar voice whispers in my ear. I sit up suddenly and smack my forehead with someone else's. "Ow."

My eyes shoot open and I stare into a pair of green eyes. "Stefan?"

"Yeah. I was looking for Caroline before you rammed into me." I rub my forehead.

"Sorry. Caroline? She's on a date with Nik," I reply, adjusting my shirt.

"Really? Wow, she finally admitted her feelings toward him."

"You knew?" I ask. He sits next to me and turns the TV on.

"Oh sure. I mean it was pretty obvious how she felt about him." He puts his arm on the back of the couch, not quite touching my shoulders.

"Really? I honestly never saw it."

"Boo!" A familiar voice said behind. I shriek and fall off the couch.

"Kol!" Stefan helps me up and I hit Kol upside the head.

"What? It was funny." Kol shrugs his shoulders and Stefan chuckles behind me. Kol walks out of the room laughing and I turn to Stefan glaring. I suddenly realize how close we really are.

"To be fair. It was funny." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Want to know the best rule of truly living?" I ask and he nods his head as his eyes travel down to my lips. "Do the thing you're most afraid of."

Before he can reply I reach my head up and press my lips to his. He kisses back immediately and wraps his arms around my waist as I bring mine up around his neck. Someone whistles near the front door and we instantly separate.

"Why are you here Stefan?" Nik says as Caroline walks in behind him.

"I came looking for Caroline." Caroline looks shocked to see Stefan here.

"And why did I instead find you kissing my sister?" I glare at Nik but he just gives a blank look.

"She kissed me first." Stefan nods his head toward me.

"Is this true Rebekah?" I nod my head yes and Nik sighs. "If he kisses you again, little sister, I will kill him."

"Klaus!" Caroline hits his arm and glares at him. "He's my best friend."

"Can't I have a normal life Nik?" I throw up my hands in frustration.

"Your life isn't normal. You're an original vampire."

"At least as normal as it can get." He sighs and looks at Stefan.

"If you want to date her, go ahead." He takes Caroline's hand and leads her upstairs.

"I might not call you my girlfriend yet but I would like to take you on a date." One eyebrow goes up, questioningly.

"I would love to. Tomorrow night at 8?"

"I'll pick you up. Well, now that I know Caroline's ok I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He gives a half-wave before exiting. I sigh and as I sink onto the couch, I bring my hand up to my lips as a ghost of a smile appears.

Word count: 733