Chapter 27: Genevieve

Katherine Pierce

"She won't leave her room. I can hear her crying day and night Katherine." Stefan paces in front of me as Carolines wails come from above. "How do we fix this?"

"She needs Klaus."

"How are we supposed to do that? The spell we used before was a one-time thing." He suddenly stops pacing and looks at me with a gleam in his eye. "I'll have Bonnie look at Esther's grimoires."

"And I'll have my witch look at hers. Good call Stefan." He nods and rushes out to go find Bonnie. A few tears slip out of my eye.

"Katerina are you alright?" I quickly wipe away the tears and turn to Elijah.

"I'm sad for Caroline. I've grown so close to her and she just lost the love of her life. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." I set a hand on his cheek and he sighs. "She needs him, Elijah."

"I've never seen you care for someone so deeply besides me." He leans in to press a chaste kiss to my forehead. "We'll get him back. Mostly for her but my siblings and me as well."

Rebekah Mikaelson

"When they get Nik back and I know they will I'm fucked, Stefan. He's going to kill me." I pace around the room but Stefan grabs my arms stopping me.

"Hey hey. Don't worry about it. Caroline will take care of him." He wraps me in his embrace and I instantly calm down. "Caroline will understand that you just wanted to be happy and you still do okay?" I quickly nod and he pulls away to lean his forehead against mine. "I love you Bekah. You know that right?"

"I know and I love you, Stefan. Always and forever." I press a long passionate kiss to his lips and lean my forehead against his after we part. "I love you."

"Hold on I have a question to ask you." He quickly covers my eyes with my hands. "Don't open them until I say."

"Rebekah Marie Mikaelson." My eyes widen when I open them because Stefan is down on one knee before me.

"How do you know my middle name?" I laugh as a few tears escape my eyes.

"I kind of asked Klaus before everything."

"Are you asking what I think you're asking?" He nods as he grips one of my hands in one of his.

"Rebekah Marie Mikaelson, will you marry me?" I nod my head quickly and he slips the ring on one of my fingers on my left hand before he stands up to press a kiss to my lips. "You have made me the happiest vampire."

Bonnie Bennett

"I'm going to Carolines' room." I leave Kols embrace and head towards her room. When I arrive at her door I knock but there's no response. "Caroline, can I come in?"

"Go away. I want to be alone." Her voice is muffled and I almost just want to barge into the room and pull her out of bed.

"Care, please. I'm your best friend and I want to help you heal." The door swings open and I enter to find her sitting up on her and Klaus' bed.

"It hurts so much Bonnie. Sometimes I just want to flip my switch but I'm afraid of what no humanity me would do to my baby." She brings a hand to her stomach as a few tears leak from her eyes so I go over and wraps my arms around her in a hug. "I can't live without him."

"I'm trying Care. I'm trying so hard to find a spell to bring him back."

"I know. I have a feeling there isn't one." She brings her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them. "I don't want to think that Bonnie."