Chapter 13: Surprises

Caroline Forbes

"Plan what?" We all look towards the door as Bonnie enters.

"How... we're going to get Damon to ask Elena to prom." Phew good save Caroline.

"Damon won't ask Elena to prom." She plops down the couch and Kol looks away as a blush tints his face.

"Oh come on. He will because he knows how much it means to her." I cross my arms over my chest as Bonnie sighs.

"Say he does ask her to prom. Who's to say he won't ditch her because he's 'bored'."

"Have you ever thought that he might actually love her?"

"It's the might that gets me Caroline and the fact of all the bad things he's done." She shifts a few inches away from Kol.

"Klaus has done bad things and you've forgiven h-"

"I haven't forgiven him, Caroline. I'm just tolerating him for you." She gets up off of the couch and storms out.

"Ouch." Kol scratches the back of his head awkwardly as Klaus storms upstairs.

"I'll be right back."

****

"You need to understand the things that you did hurt her Klaus." He looks over his shoulder at me and sighs.

"If there was any way I could go back and change it, I would." I walk over to the balcony and set my head on his shoulder.

"I know. You just need to give her time."

"I will, for you." He places a quick kiss on my forehead and lays his hand over mine on the railing.

Kol Mikaelson

"You could be a little more discreet darling." Bonnie takes another sip of her water as she continues reading her book.

"I shouldn't be taking advice from you. All you Mikaelsons are the same. Asking a witch for help and then killing them afterward. That is what Klaus sent you to do isn't it?" She looks up, unamused.

"I came here of my own free will, I'm not my brothers' lapdog. I'm actually very fond of witches." I sit down next to her and she scoots over to give me room.

"Why are you here Kol?" She looks up as Sheila walks out and glares slightly at me while she refills her granddaughters' glass.

"I don't know. You looked mad so I thought maybe you needed a friend."

"You are not my friend." She looks back down at her book.

"Why not? I'd be a good friend."

"Your Klaus' brother. In any situation between my friends and him, you would choose your brother." She puts her bookmark in her book and sets it on the porch.

"No, I wouldn't." An incessant buzzing comes from my pocket and I fish my phone out.

"Yes?"

"Idea. I'm going to have Elena take Bonnie out and then I'll be over. You just need to wait for Elenas' call."

"Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Who are you talking to?" Bonnie pries my phone out of my hand and looks at the caller id. "Caroline?"

"Yeah, she's doing me a favor." Carolines' name disappears from the screen and Bonnie hands me my phone back. "So I heard prom's coming up. You going?"