Chapter 26: A Disaster Just Waiting To Happen

Flashforward

Caroline Forbes

"Klaus!" My heart shatters into a million pieces as Mikael drives the white oak stake into Klaus' heart and my anger overtakes me as I elbow Esther in the face. "You will stand here and wait for my order." I flash towards Mikael and tackle him to the ground. "How could you?! I loved him."

"He was an abomination. Just like you." I bare my fangs and bite his neck.

"You won't die but you need to know pain." Esther walks over robotically and I jump off of Mikael. "You will know the pain I felt when you killed him just now." I shove my hand into Esthers' chest and rip her heart out. Tears pool in Mikaels' eyes but he refuses to let them fall.

"You wench. I will kill you for this." He rushes at me but I hold him back.

"You're not strong enough with that bite on your neck." I put my hands around his neck and quickly snap it before I rush over to Klaus. "Klaus." The tears start flowing down my face as everyone starts slowly waking up and I set Klaus' head in my lap.

"What happened?"

Present time

"Caroline wake up. It's almost time to walk down the aisle.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier Bekah?" I throw the covers back and rush into the bathroom. I take a quick shower and wrap my towel around myself before walking back into my bedroom to find Bekah waiting. "Time to get ready."

****

"What if I trip?" Me and my dad are standing in front of the doors of the church as I start freaking out.

"Honey I'm sure everything will go smoothly." I nod and take his arm as the music starts and we walk through the doors. "Just breathe."

Niklaus Mikaelson

Caroline is breathtaking. As she walks down the aisle all I can see is her and I don't notice the person that slips into the room behind. Everyone suddenly collapses to the ground and my father walks out to the shadows.

"Daddy?!" Caroline kneels over her crumpled father shaking him as if that will wake him up but she suddenly looks up. "Mikael."

"Caroline get over here." She backs away from her father into my arms. "What are you doing here Mikael?"

"Why do you think I'm here Niklaus?" Realization dawns on me and I wrap my arm tighter around Caroline.

"You've come to kill me."

"Ding ding ding. We have a winner." Mikael pulls a white oak stake out of his jacket and speeds towards us but I flash away with Caroline to the other side of the room. "It's easier if you just let me kill you. Then you won't have to worry about running from me anymore."

"I'd rather be alive with the woman I love than be dead without her." Caroline disappears from my arms and I look around for her. "Where is she?"

"Thank you, dear, lovely wife." My mother appears a few feet away from me with Caroline who is holding her head in pain. "Now where were we? Ah, I was trying to kill you." I keep flashing across the room but soon Mikael has me cornered. "Nowhere to run boy."

Caroline Forbes

"Klaus!" My heart shatters into a million pieces as Mikael drives the white oak stake into Klaus' heart and my anger overtakes me as I elbow Esther in the face. "You will stand here and wait for my order." I flash towards Mikael and tackle him to the ground. "How could you?! I loved him."