Prologue

This is a follow up to my first Life is Strange book, The Girl Who Rewinds Time [Life is Strange]. If you have not read that yet, I suggest you read that first since this takes place after the events of the first book. Enjoy!

1 year ago, 12 hours after the storm

"Max." Chloe said. "Do you regret your decision? Because I wouldn't blame you if you do." Max didn't answer. She really didn't want to go over this now. "There are so much people who deserve to be alive right now. Not me. I'm nothing but a fucking mess. I shouldn't even be alive right now."

"Chloe..." Max started. "You better not be telling me what I think you're telling me. Do you know how hard I fought for you? For us?" Max looked directly at Chloe. "I walked through hell to bring you and Daniel back." Max leaned her head into Chloe's neck. A weak smile formed on Chloe's face and she wrapped her arm around Max.

"So no. I don't regret my decision. Not for a second." Max told her. Chloe kissed Max's head and held her tightly.

"My biggest fear is losing you again." Chloe told Max. "I'm scared that one day you'll leave me again. Or you'll come to your senses and decide you don't want to be with me and leave me for someone else."

"Chloe. You know that's not true. I will never leave you." Max lifted her head from Chloe's neck to look at her. "Because you are so special to me, Chloe. I'm not leaving you again. I won't leave you again." Tears slipped from Chloe's eyes. "Good." She said.

Chloe looked at Daniel in the rear view mirror. Sleeping in the back. "We should probably get to sleep. We still have a long way to Chicago." Chloe said. "Yeah, you're right." Max said and lightly chuckled. "Daniel's lucky. He gets the back so he can actually lay down." Chloe moved to the edge of the seat and patted her lap.

"Come lay down, Max." Chloe said. Max smiled tiredly and lied her head onto Chloe's lap. "This is nice." Max said. Chloe played with her hair and looked outside into the dark wilderness. "Do you think Emily will be nice?" Max asked. "She definitely will. I'm excited to meet her." Chloe said. "Anyway... Go to sleep, Max." Chloe told her. Max got comfortable with her head resting on Chloe's lap and closed her eyes. Feeling the touch of Chloe's fingers run through her hair.

She soon let sleep take her away.

Life After Arcadia [Life is Strange]

A Pricefield story.