Chapter 11: Chase and Crew

Kate's eyes widen as they came across the large building that was the mall. "Is that it?" She questioned. "That is indeed it, Kate." Max said to her. Chloe smiled widely. "Let's have some hella fun!" She said and stepped out of the truck. Every one followed Chloe to the doors of the mall.

"Are you excited?" Max asked Kate. "Actually yes... I've never been to the mall in such a long time. I wonder what's different." She said. "Everything Kate! Everything!" Chloe said. Making Kate more eager to get to the mall.

Chloe's POV

"Welcome to the best place you'll ever set foot in!" I said and opened the door for them. Bowing in process. "What do you think Kate?" Max asked her. "It's... beautiful." Kate said, gazing around the large mall. "Now, let's go and have some of those hamburgers, I'm starving!" I said.

Daniel ran his fingers through his hair. "Are they really that good?" He asked. "Dude, you have to try one! I'll personally buy you one if it means you'll try one." Skater boy shrugged. "Deal." He said. "Awesome! Let's go!" I said to them.

There's just this feeling I have. Like there's a hole in our group. Which could have been Rachel... I can't help but think about her. How exciting this would be if Rachel was with us. It would have been so fun. I miss her. I miss her a lot.

"Yo, what's up dude?" Daniel said, nudging my arm. "Are you okay, Chlo'?" Kate asked. "You spaced out there." Warren added. Max grabbed my hand assuringly. "What's up, babe?" I sighed. "Sorry guys... I'm just... thinking about Rachel." I told them. Everyone frowned at me.

"I just have this empty feeling. Like someone else should be here." I told them. "Rachel..." Warren muttered. I nodded. Refusing to meet anyone's eyes. "I think we all feel that way." Kate said. Daniel nodded, looking toward the ground. Kate rubbed his upper arm.

"She was my friend too, Chloe. I know how you feel." Daniel told me. I shrugged. "We're here for you when you need us, Chloe..." Kate told her. "That's right. You can count on us." Warren said. "And you have me..." Max said. Tightening her grip on my hand. "You guys are the best." I told them, a smile forming on our faces.

"Group hug!" Max said. Everyone, but Daniel, hugged each other. "Bring it in, man." Warren said, holding out his arm. Daniel shook his head. Lifting his shoulders. "How about just a wave instead?" He said, waving at us.

"Daniel Connors! Get over here right now!" Max ordered. "Better listen to her, Daniel." Kate said. "I'm only doing this so Max doesn't throw my ass over the rail." He said. Warren ripped him into the middle and said, "Hug him! Hug him!" We all squeezed Daniel in our arms.

"What the hell, dudes?" Daniel questioned as we squeezed the air out of him. "Okay... that's enough..." He said, struggling to get the words out. "Okay, we got him." Kate said and we all let go.

"Never... never ever, ever, ever do that again! I felt so much pressure on me dude, you have no idea, man." He said and we all laughed. "Get used to it man because there's a lot more from where that came from." I told him.

Daniel sarcastically laughed. "Hahaha! You wish. Now, I wanna try that damn burger bro!" A smile grew on my face. "Dude, you'll love it!" I said as we continued onward to the cafeteria.

Max's POV

After we finished eating lunch together, we hung out around the mall. Occasionally stopping in some stores with some punk rock music, or some video games, or skateboards, or cameras, okay we stopped at a lot of stores.

Warren walked out with a video game he's always wanted with a happy grin on his face. "Dammit, I heard so many good things about this game!" He said.

"Wish I could've afforded that camera I saw..." I said. "Don't worry... I'm sure Santa will get it for you." Chloe said, wrapping her hand around my hip and brought me closer to her. "Yeah, we'll see babe..." I told her, failing to contain a laugh.

"This is outrageous! How dare you?" A voice spoke from the make-up store.

"Ma'am please, we don't-"

"Save it!" The voice interrupted. "I don't need to hear your excuses. Let's go girls..." Whoever was in there, was about to make a dramatic appearance.

Then, out walked Victoria Chase, Courtney Wagner and Taylor Christensen. Victoria's eyes found mine and she quickly smiled. "Oh my god, hi Max!" She said. "Hi Victoria." I said back and she wrapped her arms around me. "How've you been?" She asked. "Good." I told her.

"Good. Hi Chloe. Good to see you again." Victoria said. "Yeah... very good." Chloe said, trying her best to hide her disgusted expression.

As everyone greeted each other and talked, Taylor nervously approached Daniel.

"Hi Daniel..." She greeted nervously. "Hi... Taylor." He said back. She smiled at him. "You look good." She told him. "Uhhh... thanks?" He said. "Still skating?" Taylor asked, nodding towards his skateboard he was holding. "Yeah..." He said, nodding his head. "That's nice... I thought it was hot, seeing you do all those tricks..." She said. Daniel smiled nervously. "Yeah, it's uhhh... easy." He told her. Taylor chuckled softly.

"What brings you to Dellwood, Victoria?" Kate asked politely. "Oh, me and the girls are on a road trip. This is our last stop before we go home." Kate smiled softly. "That's nice." She said.

"Listen Katie..." Victoria said. "I'm sorry for making fun of you at Blackwell. I'm really, really sorry." She said. "It's okay, Victoria. That was a while ago. I forgive you." Kate assured.

I smiled at them. Victoria really is trying to do better. "You guys wanna hang with us for a bit?" I asked Victoria. "Ummm..." Victoria muttered, looking at Courtney. "Sure." She said. I smiled at her. "Awesome. This will be fun." I said.

"So where have you been so far?" Warren asked. "Well, we've been to, San Francisco, Los Angeles. Then we went to Las Vegas for two nights. Then we came all the way up to Illinois and stayed in Chicago for a few days, then moved onto Dellwood, and here we are." Victoria said. "Cool!" Warren said.

They walked around the mall for a bit, catching up with each other since they last seen each other. The sun had settled a long time ago and was now eight at night. "Vic, we should probably get going soon." Courtney told her. "Yeah, you're right. Where's Taylor?" Victoria questioned, scouting the area for their blonde friend.

Taylor was talking with Daniel. "We should... hang out, sometime." Taylor nervously said to Daniel, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Uhhhh..." Daniel mumbled. "Taylor, let's go!" Courtney said. Taylor looked at Daniel and smiled. "Bye!" She said and followed Courtney and Victoria.

"She is so fucking in love you." Chloe said, nudging Daniel's arm. "I think you two would be cute." Kate said. "Give her a chance, Daniel." I said, wrapping my hand around Chloe's hip and laying my head on her shoulder. He shrugged. "I don't know, dude." He said. "Come on. It's obvious she's into you." Chloe told him. "She really seems to like you." Warren added. "We'll see..." He said with a shrug.

Chloe drove Warren, Kate and Daniel back to their places and drove back to the hotel. "Had fun?" Chloe asked Max. "I had so much fun! It was nice to see Victoria and her friends again." I said. "Taylor is just in love with Daniel." Chloe said. "I wish he would just give her a chance. I don't think it would be awkward." Max told Chloe.

"It takes time to figure it out, Max. Who knows... maybe Daniel had a girlfriend already and they broke up." Max shrugged. "Maybe we can talk to him about it?" She said. "Let's just talk about it later. I'm tried." Chloe said.

"And you're tucking me in, Max-ah-roo."

"Who says I don't want to snuggle with you first?"

"We can do that." Chloe said with a tired smile.

"We can also do... other things..." Chloe said and grinned at Max. "We can do that too." Max said and winked at Chloe. "You damn right we can." Chloe said.

Max braced herself for a long night.