Chapter 2: Movie Time

Chloe's POV

We were at the climax of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. And I fucking love this movie!

"Trusted Koba... Like brother..."

"Caesar... brother... to human!"

Next time we see see the nerdist or skater, we'll sure as hell have to thank them. This is such a good movie. "Dammit. No more popcorn." Max said. "That's why you don't leave a bowl of popcorn out in front of me. It'll be gone before you can say my whole name." I told her. "I remember you told Daniel that when he got you those donuts." Max said. "Fuck yeah I did." I said.

Max grabbed my wrist and moved my arm around her and leaned her head into my neck. "I miss them." She said. "We'll see if we can see them in the summer." I told her.

"Skater boy and the nerdist know better than to run away from me." I said.

Max smiled at the thought of Daniel and Warren running away from Chloe. And the use of their nicknames Chloe gave them. "It feels empty without them here." Max said. "Daniel. Warren. Kate. Sure, I have you. But they complete us." "I know what you mean. I miss them too. The skater, the nerdist, and the catholic." I said.

Kate is doing well. She and Max have these weekly talks over the phone on Friday's. Kate has now been working at a children's day care for a few months. Warren as of now lives with his parents and spends his time on his computer or games. And Daniel is hitting the rails and parks back in Chicago.

Actually, we also met up with Victoria, Courtney and Taylor a while back. Victoria isn't my favorite person. She never was. But I do feel she is honestly trying to do better. Weird of me to say, right? Before we met up, she sent Max a text with her apology. I believe it went something on the lines like this...

V- Max. I'm so glad that you and Chloe are okay. We should totally get together sometime!!! Anyway, the main point of this text is to apologize for being a bitch to you at Blackwell. That was just my teenage angst, you know? I know that's a terrible excuse, but the point is that I am sorry and I hope you can forgive me and that we can have a fresh start. Victoria <3

And actually, we all had a cool time together. It was awkward at first, but Victoria ignored all that and greeted both of us with a hug and we all hung out. After that, we finally told them Max and I were together. Instead of avoiding us, they were actually very happy for us. We're not best friends or anything. Or "besties" as they would say. Just some girls who hung out together.

"At least the boys told us to watch this movie. I think it's really good." Max said, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Yeah, it is an awesome movie." "Warren would hate us right now..." Max said with a chuckle.

"Yeah he would." I added. "What's his obsession with the old apes movies?" I asked. Max chuckled. "I don't know. That's just the way he is." She said.

I thought about what we just said. Remembering that Warren was with my mom in Arcadia Bay. He got out. And my mom didn't. Max noticed my sudden silence.

"Oh Chloe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, Max." I assured her.

I didn't want her to feel like I was mad at her. Because I wasn't. Max helped me though that rough time. And I'm glad that Warren is still alive and well.

"No Chloe, I should have watched what I was saying." She said. "Max, don't worry about it. Okay?" I told her. Max nodded. "Okay." She said. "You're not mad, are you?" I smiled at her and said, "Of course not, babe." I pressed a kiss to her lips. Max smiled at me and cuddled closer to me and we watched the rest of the movie.

"You are... not ape." Caesar said and dropped Koba from the ledge. "Good. He got what was coming to him." I said. "I feel bad for all those apes he killed..." Max said. "So do I..." I told her.

Once the credits hit, Max stretched. "Well, I'm getting more popcorn." Max said. "Get two bowls this time." I said. Max smiled at me and stood up. Pressing a quick kiss to my cheek. I watched her ass as she walked to the kitchen. I sat back and sighed happily.

At home with my girlfriend. Cuddling and watching movies and eating popcorn like pigs. Nothing sounds better. But this will all come to an end when Ryan and Vanessa walk through the door. They definitely won't be happy that we lost our jobs.

Ugh! What's taking that hippie so long?

I stood up and walked around the couch to the kitchen. Max was grabbing a bowl from the cabinet. I leaned against the wall and watched her. She didn't even know I was here. I walked behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. Pulling her against me. "What's taking so long?" I asked her, resting my chin on her shoulder. "You are just so impatient, young lady." She said. "Young lady? I'm older than you by a year!" Max laughed.

"That you are." She said.

6:55 p.m.

We had just finished watching Godzilla. Max and I saw it opening night in theaters with Kate, Warren and Daniel when they visited us back in May. My favorite part is when Godzilla is at the Golden Gate Bridge.

"Remember Daniel and Warren's reaction when Godzilla first appeared at the airport scene?" Max asked. "Yes! They fucking blew up!" I said. "They were so adorable. I love it when they get excited." Max said.

Max's POV

"You're adorable." Chloe said. I felt my cheeks heat up. I was so blushing. "You look cute when you blush." Chloe always finds a way to flirt with me. She's so fearless. Not like me. Chloe kissed my cheek and hugged me tight. There was no way I could turn down a Chloe hug. Never. Chloe held me tightly against her. She means so much to me. I can't imagine life without her.

It's hard to believe that our relationship led to where it is today. I never thought Chloe would ever love someone like me. I'm nothing like Rachel Amber. But it does sometimes hurt to think about Chloe and Rachel. I keep thinking what would have been different if I never left.

"Yo Max!" Chloe said, snapping her fingers in front of my face. "You're like... in deep thought. What's on your mind?" I looked up at her. "Just thinking about how you would date someone as weird as me. You don't think low of me or anything." Chloe smiled softly at me. "Of course not, Max. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember! And who cares if you're weird? That's what makes you for who you are." I smiled and grabbed her hand. The door suddenly opened.

Shit... mom and dad are home.