Chapter 12: The Yeager Family

Thursday, December 18th, 10:32 a.m.

With the TV on in the background, Chloe scrolled through her phone. Looking for places to go with Max.

Chloe's POV

Today has to be perfect!

I really want to spend the day with Max. We've only had one day alone where it's just the two of us. I love our friends, but I want this trip to be about us. And us alone.

The name, Shane Yeager, kept popping up for some reason. I heard a little bit about the Yeager family before we got here. I think they're a family that is resident in Dellwood. They seem to be a big name in this city. But enough about that. I sighed and leaned into the couch.

I felt arms wrap around me. Max leaned over the couch and kissed my cheek. "Morning babe." She said. "Morning." I greeted back. I looked at her and patted the spot beside me. She jumped over the couch and sat beside me.

I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her. "Max... I want to hang out with you today. We've only had a day alone together. And even then, we ran into Daniel, making it half a day alone." I told her.

Max rubbed my thigh. "Babe..." She muttered.

"I know it sounds like I want to keep you all to myself. And I know we have to see our friends and not shut them out, but I meant for this trip to be about us. You and me."

"Chloe, I know what you mean. Why don't we go out later? Just you and me?" I smiled at her and nodded. Max smiled at me and kissed me. After our kiss, I gently kissed the tip of Max's nose. She smiled sweetly at me and leaned into me.

Max's POV

Snow crunched under our feet as we walked down the streets. "Max, thanks for agreeing to hang out with me. I've been dying to get you alone." Chloe said.

"You don't have to get my permission to get me alone. I'll happily spend some alone time with you." I told her.

Chloe smiled at me and held my hand tighter. "Have you heard of the Yeager family yet?" She asked. "No. Who are they?" I asked. "I think they're a big name here. When I was looking for stuff to do, the name Yeager was just all over the place. Even when I booked our hotel, the name Shane Yeager popped up." She said.

"So they're like the Prescotts?" I said. "Ugh. I'd give anything to unhear that name." Chloe said. "Anyway, yes. The Yeager's sound like the Prescotts... let's just hope they're not assholes like them."

"Oh. You don't have to worry. We're nothing like the Prescotts..." A voice said.

We turned and saw someone standing by the bench we just passed. "Who are you?" I asked. "Caden Yeager. The man you mentioned is my father, Shane Yeager. You two must be new here." He said, holding out his hand. "Yeah we are. I'm Max." I said as I shook his hand. "This is my girlfriend, Chloe." He smiled. "It's cool to meet you." He said.

Caden was a handsome young man. He wore nice looking clothes. A brown bomber jacket. Which was unzipped, revealing a black shirt. Dark blue jeans. Some cool looking blue high tops, and good looking hair.

"So where are you from?" He asked. "We came from Seattle. We're spending the holidays here together." I told him. He nodded. "Awesome dude. Dellwood is the perfect city to spend the holidays with that special someone." He said, eyeing around the street decorated with Christmas lights.

"So you know who the Prescotts are?" Chloe asked. "I know exactly who the Prescotts are." Caden said as we slowly walked together. "It's a good thing they settled in Arcadia Bay. I can't imagine what it'd be like if they lived here."

"Well, we're originally from Arcadia Bay." I told him. "Damn. So I assume you dealt with Nathan Prescott?" He said. "Oh no, definitely not." Chloe said sarcastically. "Yeah, we had to deal with Nathan and the Prescotts." I said. "I actually went to Blackwell Academy." I told him.

"My aunt attended Blackwell. Good school I heard." Caden said.

"Where did you attend school?" I asked. "Riverlake High. A very good school." He said. "My family has a good history there. Glad I was able to carry our name there. Good grades, perfect attendance. We just have a good name here." He said.

"We're no where near as rich as the Prescotts are. Our family just has a good history here. But we do have our fair share of cash." He said. "Awesome sauce! That's rad." Chloe said. "Awesome sauce?" He questioned. "I gotta hang out with you guys more." He said. We all laughed.

"You don't seem bad, Caden. Thank god there are rich families like you out there." I said. "I agree. It'd be cool to get to know you, man." Chloe said. "Great! Sounds awesome. I actually gotta head out soon though, I was waiting for my dad to come pick me up." He said.

"Oh, yeah that's cool. Sorry we dragged you into our crap." I said. "Nonsense, man. It was great meeting you two." Caden told us. "Awesome man!" Chloe said. After exchanging numbers, Caden's phone started ringing.

"Oh, that's him. I gotta take this." He said. "Go ahead." I said. "See you around man." Chloe said. Caden smiled at us and nodded and walked away. Answering his phone.

Chloe's POV

"He reminds me so much of Rachel." I said. "Oh Chloe..." Max said and hugged me. I held her tightly in my arms. "I'm so sorry." She said. "Don't be Max. We found her. Rachel can now finally rest peacefully." I said. "I agree. I'm glad we found her. Have you heard from Mr. Amber after that?" She asked. "Max, that guy was such an asshole. Rachel wanted nothing to do with him after I told her what Sera told me." Chloe said.

"Oh, right." Max said. "Anyway, can we talk about something else?" I asked. "Of course. What do you think of Caden?" She asked me. "He seemed chill." Max nodded. "I think so, too. I hope we see Caden again." She said.

"Anyway. Let's have some fun. You and me." I said, standing in front of Max, taking her hands in mine. "I like the sound of that." Max said with a smile. I kissed her and we continued walking down the snow street.