Chapter 29: Getting Together

4:30 p.m.

Max's POV

It was around the time everyone was getting together. We agreed to all meet up at the park and hang out until everyone had to get to their family's for Christmas Eve. I'm excited to see what they'll think of my dyed bangs. I hope they like it. But this is probably the last time we're seeing everyone before we have to go back to Seattle. It's pretty sad actually. I hope we can see them again soon enough.

Chloe started her truck and drove out of the parking lot. I watched as the snowy outside world passed on by as we made our way to the park. I'm so excited to hang out with our friends. Without their help, I don't think Chloe and I would have been brought back together.

I just want to forget everything that happened the past few days and just have a good time with everyone.

As we waited for the light to turn green, I felt a hand press against my shoulder. I looked at Chloe and she smiled softly at me. I smiled back at her and she leaned closer for a kiss. After our kiss, the vehicles in front of us started to move.

Chloe followed in pursuit and drove off to the park.

Wowser. What a crazy trip this has been. But we're putting that all behind us to enjoy the rest of the day with our friends. It will be so much fun. We will also get the chance to introduce Caden to our friends. I'm sure he'll fit in with us just fine.

It will definitely be sad to say goodbye to them tonight because I don't know how long until we'll see each other again. But it's never goodbye forever. It's just a little time away from each other.

When we pulled up to the park, we saw Warren trying a trick on Daniel's skateboard. "Seriously? Warren is trying skateboarding?" Chloe said. "He tried back in Arcadia Bay and he screwed up bad." I told her. "Really? What happened?" She asked, an enthusiastic grin on her face. "Well, let's just say he might have problems producing children in the future." Chloe's eyes widen and she laughed. "It flew into his balls!?" She asked as she laughed.

I started laughing and nodded. "He said he felt it in his whole chest." I said. "Oh, thanks for telling me, Max. That made my fucking day." Chloe said and we left the truck.

Warren handed Daniel back his skateboard. "At least you didn't fuck up again." Daniel told him. "Hey, that was back in Arcadia Bay. We're in Dellwood now!" Warren said. He saw us and smiled widely. "Thank god you guys showed up. I thought you might've screwed us over!" He said. "Never, Warren." I said.

Chloe and Daniel high-fived and fist bumped. "Whoa, when did you get this done?" Warren asked me. "Just a few hours ago. Like it?" I asked.

"I love it!" He said.

"What about you, Daniel?" I asked him. He looked at me and his eyes widen. "Whoa, shit! That looks sick, dude." He said. I smiled at him. "Thanks. I'm glad you guys like it." I told them.

"Doesn't she look hot?" Chloe asked them, wrapping an arm around me. "Uh-" "Don't answer that!" Chloe interrupted Warren, glaring toward him. And from there we just went into our separate conversations. Warren and I being the geeky, nerdy ones. Chloe and Daniel being the give no shit ones.

"So, when are you going back to Seattle?" Warren asked me. "We're thinking probably tomorrow. We've been here for quite a while." He nodded, putting his hands in his pockets. "If you ever need help packing, just call me." He said. I smiled at him. "That's thoughtful of you Warren." I told him. "That's what I'm here for." He said.

He frowned at me and sighed. "I'm sorry you had to go through everything with..." His gaze looked upon Chloe.

I looked at her chatting away with Daniel.

"Dude, that's not how it works." Daniel said and laughed, punching Chloe's shoulder. She laughed and punched him in the stomach. Chloe started laughing as she knocked the wind out of him.

I smiled and looked at Warren. "It's all good now, Warren. We're back together now. That's what matters. Let's just forget everything and have fun, okay?" I told him. Warren nodded and smiled. "I like it!" He said. "So who's all coming?" He asked.

"Well, you and Daniel are here. Chloe and I are here. Victoria and her friends are coming, Kate's coming, and Caden Yeager." I told him. "Wait... Caden Yeager?" He questioned. "As in, Shane Yeager's son?" I smiled and nodded. "That's so cool! You know him?" Warren asked. "Yeah. Chloe and I ran into him the other day. He's really cool." I told him. "Sweet! That's excellent!" Warren said full of excitement.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Kate's voice questioned. I turned and smiled at her. "Hi Kate." I happily greeted her. "Kate-astrophe! Good to see you!" Warren said. Kate smiled sweetly at him. "It's good to see you too, Warren." She said.

Kate looked toward me and smiled widely. "Whoa! When did you get that done? It looks beautiful!" She said. "Right? It looks awesome." Warren told her. "Thanks Kate. I'm glad you like it. I got it done a few hours ago. Chloe's been bugging me for months to get it done." I told her. "Well, it looks great." Kate told me. I responded with a smile.

"Hey Kate." Chloe greeted, bumping her hip against Kate's. "Hi Chlo'." Kate greeted with a chuckle, nudging her hip playfully against Chloe's. "What do you think of Max's hair?" Chloe asked. "I love it. It looks really good." Kate said. "Yeah dude, it looks sick." Daniel added. "Yeah, seriously. You guys did a good job." Warren told us. "See? I told you it'd look good." Chloe told me. "Never doubted you for a second, Che." I told her.

"Oh, Daniel, you should show me that trick you told me about right now!" Warren said, backing away from the group. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Rad, dude." Daniel said and walked away from us toward Warren. We all chuckled and said in union, "Bros..." As we talked, Victoria and her friends arrived.

"Hey, girlfriend!" Victoria said, wrapping her arms around me. "Hi, Vic." I said, wrapping her in a one armed hug. Victoria saw my hair and gasped. "Oh. My. God! That is seriously so cute!" She said. "No way! Where did you get that done?" Courtney asked. "That is so pretty!" Taylor added.

I chuckled and said, "I got it done by my beautiful girlfriend..." I wrapped an arm around Chloe's waist. "Who has just been begging me to get it done." I told them. "Seriously. It looks really good!" Victoria said. "I'm glad you like it." I told her.

As Warren tried another trick on the skateboard, Taylor walked up to Daniel and grabbed his hand. "Hey." She greeted softly. He smiled at her. "Hey." He greeted back. Taylor smiled softly at him.

"So... this is your group of friends?" A voice spoke behind us. We turned and saw Caden. "Hey Caden. What's up?" I said to him. "Holy shitballs! You made it!" Chloe added. "Wait... are you Caden Yeager?" Victoria asked. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that's me..." He said. "Hi... I'm Victoria Chase." She said, shaking his hand.

She smiled seductively at him. "We can maybe hang out sometime." She said. "Don't scare him, Vic. I'm Courtney Wagner." Courtney said to Caden. "It's uhhh... nice to meet you." He said. "It's my pleasure." Victoria said and winked at him.

"Anywaaay..." I said and dragged Caden away from her. "Caden, this is Warren." I said. "Hey!" Warren greeted enthusiastically. "That's Daniel and Taylor over there." I pointed toward them. "And this is Kate." I said. Kate smiled at him. "Hello." She greeted. Caden smiled at her and nodded. "Hey..." He said back.

"And yeah... this is us." I said. "Cool. Got a good group here." He said. "And with the addition of you, it'll be the best group." I told him. He laughed and said, "I'm all for that, man."

We all grouped up and started walking together. Just talking bullshit. It was honestly nice to forget everything that happened and hang out with everyone. My friends and my girlfriend. All together in one place.

With me.