Chapter 7: Hair Dyes, Girlfriends, and Malls

Max's POV

"Max! We have to go to the mall!" Chloe said enthusiastically as she finished her coffee. "And do what?" I asked. "What do you mean do what? We check out all the stores!" She told me. "Wowser, you're starting to sound like Victoria." I said. "Dammit, I am, aren't I?" Chloe said.

"Oh, you know what we could do?" She asked. "What's that?" I questioned. "Get the hair dye!" I questionably narrowed my eyes at her. "Hair dye?" I asked. Chloe raised her eyebrow. "You don't remember what you promised me. Do you?" She said. "Mmmm... no?" I said. "Max-ah-roo... How dare you?" Chloe said. I shrugged. "I'm sorry, Chlo'... you gotta remind me..." I said.

"You promised me you'd dye your bangs!" She said.

Oh... now I remember...

"Mmmm... maybe. I don't know." I said. "Come on, Max. You can't break a promise." Chloe told me. "It... just doesn't sound like me." I said.

"Yes it does. It's like when you put on Rachel's clothes. Let your inner punk girl come out!" Chloe's very persistent and is good at getting what she wants. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Okay, fine. You got me." Chloe smiled widely. "Hella yes! I knew you couldn't resist, Max!" She said. "I just hope I'll look good." I told her.

Chloe smirked. "You always look good." She said.

I smiled at her and leaned across our table to kiss her. "Thanks, babe." I said.

When I finished my coffee, we left the coffee shop and walked to Chloe's truck. "So, you seem excited to go to this mall..." I said. "Dude, you have no idea what you're in for..." Chloe told me. "I guess I'll find out soon enough." I said. I took out my camera and aimed it at Chloe.

"Hey, Chloe!" She looked at me and flashed a bright smile. I smiled to myself as I snapped the picture. "Beautiful..." I said. "Let's get this party started!" Chloe said and started her truck. The engine roared as it came to life.

"Wowser... that's a big mall." I said once we reached the mall. "Hella fucking yes! Hurry, Max, let's go!" Chloe said as we parked. She then quickly exited the truck. I left the truck and Chloe started dragging me to the door. Chloe quickly opened the doors and entered the large mall with nothing but excitement.

"This is seriously the most awesome place I've ever been to!" Chloe said. She turned to me. "Let's go find you some hair dye." I smiled at her. "If you really insist..." I told her. "Hey, you promised me..." Chloe reminded me "That I did." I said. Chloe was so excited to be here. I hope she has a good time.

Chloe's POV

"So what color are you thinking?" I asked Max as we looked at the different hair dye colors. Max eyed at them for a few moments. Stroking her chin. Eyes narrowed in concentration. She grabbed a dark blue color and turned to me.

"This one." She said. "You'll look hot with that..." I told her. I saw a blush form in her cheeks. I grinned and quickly pecked her cheek. We walked to the cashier to purchase the hair dye. Max is going to look so badass! I can't wait for her to dye her bangs.

We walked out the store with the hair dye in a bag. "Holy shit, Max! This is hella awesome!!!" I said happily. "Calm down there, babe." Max said to me. I suddenly felt really hungry. "Are you hungry?" I asked. Max started laughing. "Oh my god, Chloe. You're so adorable. Let's go get some lunch." Max grabbed my hand and we made our way to the cafeteria.

Once we got there, the smell of burgers and fries filled my nose. My mouth started watering. Max snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Yo, Chloe. You're zoning out..." I was brought back to reality and smiled at Max. "Amazballs! This place has the best food ever!" I told her. Max smiled at me and said, "Let's go get something to eat, honey."

We ordered our food and sat down at one of the tables. After my first bite into my burger, "Mmmmm. Holy shit, Maxshh. Beshht burger ever..." I said, not being able to say the words properly. "Pig." Max stated. I spit my burger out started laughing. Drawing some eyes to dart over toward us. Max smiled nervously at them. "Seriously... that was... so good, Max!" I said in between laughs.

Max's POV

Chloe was laughing so hard she was crying. I felt my face burning. I was pretty embarrassed and was worried we were going to get in trouble. Chloe lifted her head from the table. Her laughs starting to slow down.

"Are you okay?" I chuckled. Chloe wiped at her eyes, shaking her head, still laughing. "I don't know..." She said. People around us probably thought we were such children. "Seriously though... try it!" Chloe said. "Okay..." I said and reached for hers.

Chloe quickly ripped it away. "Hell no, Maxine! Go get your own!" She said. "Awww, you're no fun." I said and stood from my seat. I felt eyes watching me as I walked to the counter to order my burger. Chloe is so dead.

I sat down and Chloe had finished her burger. "Is it as good as you say?" I asked. "Max... come on. You know me, I would never lie to you." Chloe told me.

I gripped my burger in my hands and lifted it to my mouth and bit into it. "Oh my god..." I muttered. Chloe's eyes lit up and she nodded. "Right? We need the recipe for these!" She said. And I knew she wasn't joking. She stood up and walked over to the counter.

I watched as she came back. Looking so disappointed. "Turns out, they can't tell me..." She said, shoulders dropped into a sulk. "Aw, my poor baby." I said, rubbing her arm. "How about when we get back to Seattle, we'll see if the cafeteria at our mall has the same burgers."

"They better, or I'll have to throw a fit." Chloe said. After we finished our lunch, we walked around the mall for a while longer. Checking out stores and stuff like that.

I saw a camera that I would kill to have but it was way out of my debt. And my parents wouldn't be to happy if I charged it on their credit card.

We sat down at a bench to relax. My legs were so sore. "You enjoying yourself?" Chloe asked. She wrapped her arm around me. "Yes. This is so much fun." I told her. "I knew you'd like it." She said.

"Chloe, even though I thanked you already, I just want to thank you again. I was really stressed back in Seattle."

"I know. I was too. We both needed a trip." Chloe said.

Max nuzzled against Chloe and sighed. Max was so happy with Chloe. She was everything to her. And Max was never abandoning Chloe ever again. "Is there anything else you wanna do, Chloe?" Max asked her. Chloe didn't respond.

"Chloe?"

"No way..." She said. "What? What is it?" Max questioned. Chloe narrowed her eyes and leaned forward. Studying something.

"Is that Daniel?"