Chapter 5: On the Road to Dellwood

Monday, December 15th, 8:25 a.m.

It was the morning of Max and Chloe's trip. Ryan and Vanessa have given their approval to go on the trip. They agreed that the two women deserve it. Chloe was in the kitchen packing snacks and drinks for the long trip to Dellwood. Max was so excited for this trip. She's wanted to go to Dellwood for a long time.

Max's POV

After putting our bags in the truck, I walked back inside. Chloe was still packing snacks for the trip. "Well, that's everything..." I said. Chloe said, "Yeah, I think I got everything we need." I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her neck. She smirked at me and kissed me. "This will be the best trip ever." I said. I looked deeply into Chloe's eyes. "I agree. Especially with you, Mad Max." Chloe said. She sat down into a chair.

I straddled Chloe's lap and wrapped my arms around her neck. "What did I do to get so lucky?" She asked. "Maybe it's just meant to be." I told her. Chloe laughed and shook her head. "What would I ever do without you?" She questioned. "Well... this wouldn't happen." I said and grind against her. Causing her to let out a loud moan.

"Chloe. Shhhh! My parents are upstairs." I said.

"And that's a problem?" She questioned.

I let out a laugh. "Oh my god, just shut up." I said and pressed my lips to hers. I held Chloe's head possessively to my chest. Letting her listen to my heartbeat. Chloe was mine. All mine. And no one was ever taking her from me.

I rested my cheek on her head, gently stroking the top of her blue hair as I held her against me in my arms. "We should probably get going." I said. "Awww. Do we have to?" Chloe asked. I looked at her and ran my fingers down her beautiful pale cheek. "Yes. We do." I told her. "Fine. Kiss me?" She said. To which I happily obliged and kissed her. Which ended up turning into a make out session.

After making out for a few minutes, I ended it with one final kiss. "Okay, we really need to go now." I said. "Yeah, we probably should." Chloe said and I got off of her. "That was pretty hot though..." She said. "I can agree to that." I said and locked hands with her.

"Mom! Dad! We're going!" I shouted up the stairs. "Just a second!" Mom called out.

Chloe wrapped her arm around my hip. "You excited?" She asked. "Hella yes!" I told her. Chloe smiled widely. "I love it when you say hella. I knew I was a good bad influence on you..." She said. "We still need to get Daniel to say it." I mentioned. "Oh, don't worry. We'll get it out of him." Chloe said with a grin.

Mom and dad walked down the stairs. "You girls stay safe." Mom said as she hugged me. "We will, mom." I assured her. "Watch my daughter, will you?" Mom said to Chloe as she hugged her. "I won't let her leave my sight, Mrs. C." Chloe said. "We'll see you two next week." Dad said as he gripped my shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll be back before Christmas." I said and hugged my dad. "You better." Mom said. "Okay, get going." Dad said. Chloe and I grabbed our last bags and walked out of the door.

And because it's Chloe's truck, we listen to her tunes. That's the rule in her truck. As we drove, one of Firewalk's songs came on, Are You Ready For Me, which is one of Chloe's favorite songs. She actually saw Firewalk live with Rachel. This song to be exact.

I popped in my own earbuds and listened to my likeness of music. One of my favorite songs started playing. Crosses, by José González. We weren't even out of Seattle yet when Chloe pulled out my left earbud.

"I'm bored. Entertain me..." She said.

"We haven't even left Seattle yet, babe." I told her with a chuckle.

"Still. Entertain me..." Chloe said. I shrugged. "Okay... why did the sexy punk girl cross the road?" I questioned her.

"Hmmm... I don't know. Maybe to kiss and make out with a certain hippie that's all hers?" Chloe said. "Wrong! To get to the other side!" I said. Chloe grinned and punched my arm. "All though, I do like the sound of that." I said. Chloe pressed her lips to mine and started driving as the light turned green.

Seattle was now an hour behind us. Chloe drove with her head resting in her hand. I looked at her from time to time. She's just so beautiful. Her blue hair. Pale skin. I couldn't ask for a more perfect girlfriend. My phone vibrated in my hands. I checked it and it was a text from Warren.

W- Yo! Yo! Max in da house!
M- Hey Warren.
W- Heard you were coming to Dellwood. See you then!
M- How did you know? Are you there?
W- Chloe texted me. Hell yeah I'm here!
M- Sweet. We'll see ya later.
W- You bettah!!!

"What's Warren doing in Dellwood?" I questioned. "Oh, he's there for a convention." Chloe told me. "Didn't you know?" I shook my head. "No. Now we have to get there!" I said. "Easy there, Mad Max. We'll get there." Chloe told me.

Wowser. Warren should have told me he was at Dellwood. Now I can't wait to get there. Maybe even more people we know are there!

Chloe's POV

If Max wasn't excited before, she's hella excited now. Warren means a lot to her. And I'm cool with it. Just as long as he doesn't try anything, I won't rip his throat out. And I mean that wholeheartedly. No one messes with my girl. No one. But she can mess with me whenever and however she wants.

It's been a while since I was last high. I've been trying to do better for Max. But there's always the urge to call up Frank or someone for some weed. Hell, I don't even know if Frank's alive anymore.

"Chloe... I want to thank you for doing this. I can't wait to spend time with you."

"It's no problem, baby. Anything for you." I told her.

"And I can't wait to see Warren..." Max said. I slightly cringed. "Should I be worried?" I asked. "Don't worry. No one could replace you." Max said and lightly squeezed my thigh. "Good answer." I told her. Max smiled at me and slouched in the seat.

"I also can't wait to take pictures there." She said. "There's probably so much cool places!" She added. "And you'll be with me for every one of them!" She demanded. "Of course, hippie. I'll be with you every step of the way." I told her. "You better!" Max's eyes struggled to stay open.

She yawned and shut her eyes to go to sleep.

Max's POV

I felt a hand rubbing against my shoulder. "Max." Chloe's soft voice said. "Mmmm. Just a few more minutes." I said softly. "Max, wake up. We're in Dellwood..." Chloe said. "What?!" I quickly opened my eyes and saw Chloe standing out my open door.

We really are here. Wowser.

Flashy colorful lights illuminated from the city. The hotel itself looked pretty fancy. Even the name has a little rhythm to it that screams "fancy."

Triple Peaks Hotel.

"I thought we we're supposed to be poor, Chloe... this place looks expensive..." I said.

"Well, with the money I had saved from my now, previous job, I managed to get us a room here. Now get your lazy ass out and let's get up to our room!" She said.

We checked into our room and went to the elevator. Chloe pushed the fourth button and the doors closed. "Oh my god, I'm so excited!" I said. Not being able to contain my excitement. "Calm down, Maximus. No need to pass out in the elevator." Chloe said. We reached the floor and we walked to our room.

Chloe slid the card through and the door unlocked. "Open sesame." Chloe said, opening the door. My eyes and mouth widen as I entered the room.

"Holy shit Chlo'. This place is awesome!" I said. I ran to the bed and jumped onto it. Letting myself sink into the bed. "It's so soft." I said. "You look cute." Chloe said. I rolled over and looked at her. "Come here." I said to her, holding my arms out. Chloe smirked and crawled on top of me and kissed me and lied her head on my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair and relaxed.

This was the best feeling ever.