Chapter 17: Night at the Club

8:56 p.m.

"Are you sure about this, Max? I don't drink alcohol unless it's for a really special occasion. I don't know what could happen." Kate said on the phone. "I'm sure Kate, everything will be fine. It's been good so far?" Max told her. Kate shrugged on her side.

"Just... please be careful. Don't get too reckless." Kate said.

"We won't Kate." Max assured. "See ya later."

"Bye Max."

Max lowered her phone from her ear and sighed. She was ready to spend the night with Chloe. And she knew that there was no going back.

"You ready to go, Max?" Chloe spoke, swinging out from the bathroom door frame. Max stood up. "Yeah. Let's go." She said. Chloe wrapped her arm around Max and pulled her close. "You nervous?" Chloe asked. "A little." Max said. "Don't worry babe. If anyone tries messing with you, I'll make them regret lying eyes on you. The only one who's aloud to check you out is me and me alone!" Chloe stated, claiming Max as hers to look at.

"And you're just mine as a whole so I'll make them double regret it!" Chloe added. "That'll be hot." Max said. "It'll definitely be hot." Chloe told her.

"But seriously, Max. I won't let anything happen to you tonight. Okay?" Chloe said. Max nodded. "Good. Let's blow." Chloe said and opened the door and they left their room for the night.

"So where are we going?" Max asked as she and Chloe entered the truck. "We are going to this hella awesome club! It's going to be full of awesomeness!" Chloe said enthusiastically. "There's going to be loud music! People dancing! And alcohol! This is going to be the best night ever!!!" Chloe said and started the truck.

All of Max's nerves and anxiety disappeared. She couldn't wait to spend the night with Chloe. "They don't call this city fancy for no reason, Mad Max!" Chloe said. "Hehe, noooo doubt." Max replied.

Max's POV

Wowser. Chloe is really excited for girls night out. I was nervous at first, but now I'm looking forward to spending the night with her. Tomorrow is going to be a shitshow. I've never been hungover in my life. I'm going to try to keep it at a slow pace tonight though. I don't want to get too drunk. Chloe's going full out tonight. That's a given fact.

We arrived at the club which looked more like a flashy light show than anything else. "Holy shitballs, Max! This is going to be so much fun!" Chloe said. "It sure will be!" I said back and we left Chloe's truck and walked to the doors. Chloe seriously went all out for this night.

"I'm flipping shit Max! Where do you wanna start? The dance floor? The bar?" I smiled at her and wrapped my arms around her. "There's always the wall that's available..." I winked at her and kissed her. Chloe smiled and said, "I like the way you think. But, there will be plenty of time for that later. I promise. Now, how about the bar?"

"Oh, so my opinion wouldn't even matter." Chloe laughed. "Probably not babe. Just follow me and we'll have a great time tonight!" Chloe said and I followed her to the bar.

"Two beers." Chloe told the bartender. Instead of making snarky comments to us like the other bartender did, he just nodded and grabbed two glasses and poured the drink into them. He gave the glasses to us and walked away.

"Cheers, Max!" Chloe said, nudging her glass to mine and we drank. And I didn't start coughing this time. I winced, but managed to keep it under control. Chloe grinned at me. "You made it! How about another?" She asked. "Okay... sure." I said. "Hey! Refill!" Chloe shouted. The bartender just gave us the whole bottle.

Chloe's grin widened. "Holy fucking shit Max! They just gave us the whole friggin' bottle!" I smiled nervously. I hope Chloe understands that I just can't get drunk tonight. She filled our glasses up and smiled at me. "Ready?" She asked. "Uhhh... I guess..." I said with a shrug. "Max, what's up? You don't seem to be enjoying this as much as I am right now."

I looked at her and sighed. "Chloe... you know I don't drink." I said. She put her glass on the counter and gripped my shoulders. "Babe listen. Let's just have fun tonight, okay?" She said. "Let's forget everything and everyone! Tonight and this trip is about us!" She said. "Got it?" I nodded. "Got it." I confirmed.

"Awesome sauce! Now drink up baby!" Chloe said as she drank her glass.

Fuck it!

I whipped my head back and drank my glass. "Hella yes! There she is!" Chloe said. I smiled confidently at her. She filled our glasses again. She winked at me and we drank more. And more. And more. And more. And more.

And more.

I felt a sudden boost in my adrenaline. I drank my glass and slammed it down. "Fuck yeah Max! Let's go dancing!" Chloe said. "Hell yeah, Chloe!" I replied.

We ran to the dance floor. Loud music blarred from speakers. Chloe and I pushed our way to the very middle. "This is so awesome!" I said. "Dance away hippie!" Chloe said and started thrashing wildly like she was at a concert. I just let the music take me away. I started dancing in the crowd beside Chloe.

Not realizing that I had one too many drinks.

"Look at you go, hippie!" Chloe said. I danced away with the crowd. "Fuck yeah Chloe!" I shouted and danced harder than I ever have in my life. Chloe joined me and we danced away.

9:44 p.m.

Max and Chloe returned to the bar for more drinks. "Having fun?" Chloe asked. "I'm having hella fun! Hey you! Bring the liquid stuff!" Max said, drunk out of her mind. Their glasses were filled up and they drank. Chloe chugged some more beer. She suddenly pressed her hand to her mouth and gagged. Chloe was about to throw up. She managed to keep it under control and slammed her glass on the counter.

"I have to pee..." Chloe said. "What?!" Max questioned. "Pee!" Chloe said louder. "I can't hear you!" Max said. "I. Have. To. Pee!" Chloe said. "Oooohhhh." Max said with a slow nod.

Chloe gave her a thumbs up with both hands and a cheeky grin and went to find the bathroom. Max sat at the counter by herself. Drunk out of her mind. She was doing the opposite of what she wanted to do.

"Max? Is that you?" A voice asked. Max turned and saw a familiar face she hasn't seen in years.

"Eliot? Eliot Hampden?" Max questioned. He approached her with a beer in his hand. Obviously as drunk as she was. "No shit, it is you." He said, pressing his hand on her shoulder. "How've you been?" He asked, leaning on the counter. Max smiled at him. "Good. How about you?" She asked him. "I've been well. This is some club, huh?" He asked, leaning his arm on her shoulder. "It sure is..." She said, looking around the club with him.

"Say... you've gotten pretty cute since the last time I saw you..." Eliot said. Max smiled seductively at him. "You're not so bad yourself, Hampden." She said. Eliot chugged the rest of his beer and dropped the bottle and leaned close to Max.

He kissed her.

Max, in her drunken state, didn't know what she was doing and started making out with Eliot. She wrapped her arms tightly around him and kissed him deeply. Tasting alcohol in his breath. Eliot lowered his kisses to her neck. Making Max let out a moan.

Chloe had come back from the washroom. Ready to drink more with her girlfriend. "Okay, Max. You ready fo-" Chloe stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Max making out with her former friend, Eliot Hampden, who was arrested when she left him at Rachel's house years ago. Chloe watched on in horror. Her heart sank to her feet.

Her worst fear has arrived.