Epilogue

5 years later

Orange and yellow leaves littered the park. A cool breeze blew through the air. Fall was on its way. Kids ran passed Chloe and Max as they walked down the path filled with leaves.

Max wore a dark blue hoodie with black skinny jeans and supported pink converse shoes. She also had her old bag wrapped around her shoulder which carried her camera Chloe got for her in Dellwood a few years ago.

Chloe still wore her old dark blue beanie she wore for years. She wore a black hoodie and jeans and her boots. And lastly, a silver chain hung from her jeans.

Max intertwined her fingers with Chloe's and smiled at her. Chloe smiled back and kissed Max's cheek. Max smiled sweetly as Chloe's lips parted from her cheek. Chloe had plans for their date today. Chloe was so nervous. But excited. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"What's wrong, Chloe?" Max questioned.

"Nothing, Maxi Bear. I'm just happy." Chloe told her.

Max smiled at her and playfully bumped her hip against Chloe's. "Remember when you got me that camera in Dellwood?" Max asked. "Yes, I do." Chloe said. "That was such a special gift. I loved it so much!" Max said. "More than you loved me?" Chloe asked.

Max grinned playfully. "Max... are you having an affair with that camera behind my back?" Chloe said. "I'll have to... punish... you later." Chloe told her and winked. Max laughed and shoved her away.

Chloe grabbed a handful of leaves and threw them at Max. Chloe laughed as Max threw leaves back at her. After throwing leaves at each other, Chloe ran at Max and wrapped her in her arms and spun around with her. Laughing along with Max.

Chloe set her down and Max kissed Chloe deeply. Showing her deep affection for girlfriend. Max pulled away from Chloe and smiled at her.

"I love you." Max said. Tapping the tip of Chloe's nose. Chloe smiled back and said, "I love you too..." The nerves and emotions inside Chloe were strong. She was truly nervous about her plans. But she was confident Max would be very happy.

Chloe has been planning this for months. She was worried something would mess up or just go all wrong. But she also stayed positive and was sure she and Max would be truly happy. Chloe led Max to a tree over a hill. Their favorite spot in the park. She grabbed both of Max's hands and looked her in the eyes.

"Max. Let me start by saying how amazing you are. You're such a wonderful person who cares about others and helps them the best she can. No matter how hard it is, you always manage to come out on top." Chloe said. "Especially in bed..." Chloe said with a wink. Max laughed and pushed Chloe.

After their laugh, Chloe told her, "No, but seriously. I wish I could be like you, but I can't compete with your awesomeness! You're hella badass, Max. And I'm glad I can call you my girlfriend."

Max smiled at Chloe and wrapped her into a tight, loving hug. Chloe's heart started beating in her chest. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes. "But... there's something else. There's a reason why we're here today." Chloe said. Max pulled away from Chloe and looked at her. "And what's that reason?" Max asked.

Chloe smiled at Max. She grabbed her hands. Looking deeply into her eyes.

"Remember when I said someday you might be my wife?" Chloe said.

Max gasped and smiled widely as she realized what Chloe was about to do. Chloe reached into her pocket and kneeled down on her knee. She pulled out a small box and opened it. Revealing a beautiful ring. Max was overwhelmed with happiness.

"Maxine Caulfield... will you marry me?"

Max leaned down and kissed Chloe deeply. She sat on her knees and tightly hugged Chloe. Crying happily in Chloe's arms. Chloe hugged Max back as tears dripped down onto Max's shoulder.

"Yes... yes I will." Max cried in Chloe's neck. Chloe sighed happily and a wide smile formed on her face uncontrollably. Chloe was so happy and excited to see where life would take them. She was ready to start this new chapter in her life.

They stood up and Chloe slipped the ring through Max's finger. "It's beautiful..." Max said as she studied it. Chloe took Max's chin in her fingers and made eye contact with her. "You're beautiful." She told her. Max sniffed and wiped at her eyes. She wrapped her arms around Chloe and kissed her and hugged her tightly. Chloe kissed Max's neck and held her tightly in her arms.

"I love you so much." Max muttered in Chloe's shoulder. "I love you too, Max." Chloe said. She kissed Max's cheek and they parted. Chloe looked deeply into Max's eyes and stroked her cheek.

A leaf blew passed them and landed on the grass. The wind blew again. Picking the leaf off the ground and sending it through the air.

It soon blew away from the park.