Chapter 9

October 13, 2017
Later that Evening...

Solána

   A couple hours after we reached the apartment and got settled in my phone dinged with a text from Marcus .

Marcus 😌💕: I'm boutta slide through.

I bit my lip, contemplating his text for a minute before responding.

Solána 😏❤️: Can you grab me some Doritos and gummies? I have a sweet tooth rn.

Marcus 😌💕:Sure thing, babe.

I smiled to myself before putting my phone down and readying up for Marcus's arrival. I went inside my bathroom and put my hair in a bun, leaving a couple strands out.

I then went into my closet and switched into a tank and some shorts. I examined my ass in my mirror. It looked to be getting bigger . I guess the squats and the back shots I had been getting from Marcus was finally paying off. Ya girl was happy.

"What the hell are you looking at, ain't nothing back there?" I jump before realizing it's just Tony annoying ass. She stands in my doorway, laughing to herself, while munching on popcorn.

" Don't even start, and your breath stinks I can smell it from here." I say rolling my eyes, while walking around my room tidying it up.

I close the blinds, making it dimmer. I pick up the clothes on my ground and put them in my hamper. And then I finish off by lightning some candles.

The smell of vanilla slowly bounces around the room as the candle burns.

I look over and see Tony still standing there, looking dumb.

" What do you want?", I say putting my hand on my hip. She continues to stare at me. We bust out laughing.

" Yooo...I hate you. You think everything is a joke." I say pouting trying to hide my smile.

" I was playing Lana, I just wanted to talk to you before I leave." She plops down on my bed, sitting next to me.

I began to take note of her attire which is all black. Black shirt, jeans, a leather jacket, and some black pumps to finish it off.

" Where you going, and with who", I say arching my brow.

Tony always managed to get herself into shit. She had been in the middle of a drive by, and a robbery. Thanks, to her past relationships with hood niggas.

So I always felt obligated to look out for her and make sure she was making smart choices. Tony was like my little sister.

"Relax I'm just going out with Nyema and a couple of other friends from school. Damn Solána." She gave me an incredulous look as she chuckled a little bit.

I took in what she said, and realized I was overthinking it. " My bad, you know how I am." I grimaced.

" Yeah and I love you for it Lana. Thank you for always making sure I'm straight ." Tony looked at me with a warm smile spread across her face.

    I smiled internally. Even though me and Tony bickered we still loved each other. She was special to me.

   "Awwwe....hug ?", I stretched my arms out in front of Tony as she leaned into my embrace. We pulled back after awhile.

    Suddenly, a knock sounded on the door. We both headed into our small living room to see who was at the front door.

I opened the door as Nyema stood in front of it. Her hair was in wand curls, and she had light makeup on. She was dressed in a burgundy windbreaker with burgundy timbs to compliment it.