Chapter 49

Juilliard School
Nov 3rd
Morning

   Solána

   The rest of the weekend goes by in a blur and before you know it, things are back to normal
and school is back in.

     And for the first time in a long time I was excited to be at school and woke up in a good mood. Full of optimism and anticipation.

      Why ,you ask?

  Nokia. I had been thinking about her since the night she had dropped me off, nonstop. I couldn't get her off my mind. Replaying all the moments we spent, and all the endeavors we'd found ourselves in over the weekend.

      I wondered what she was doing. If she was thinking about me as much as I thought about her.

    Her words replayed in my head. I kept imagining her stupid smirk. The way she would hold me and I contemplated the things she had told me about herself. I couldn't get enough of her.

      I missed her and couldn't wait to see her face. It felt like I hadn't seen her in forever and I craved to see her in person.

     We texted here and there over the weekend but it didn't satisfy me. I needed to see her.

    The bell rings signifying the end of 2nd hr, and the start of 3rd hr. Poetry. Nokia.

     My wish was finally coming true. I was finally going to see her.

   I wonder how it would be when I seen her. Would she act different, or standoffish? Would things be awkward? Would things still be the same ?

     Did she still even like me and want to be friends? I don't know.

       I calculated all these things in my head, and some of the excitement I had ,vanished. I walked a little slower, more hesitant and careful. A lump formed in my throat and I didn't feel prepared.

       But it was no turning back. I had to face her whether I was ready to or not.

         I walk into our poetry class, taking in the environment. The room was empty with a few students. Nothing was on the board, no professor at the front.

       Ms. Hyde still hadn't come back so our class was very unorganized. Different teachers came in and out, filling her spot. We had yet to have a consistent one.

        Because of that the class was like a free for all ,we didn't have any assignments except for our poetry project being extended.

   So students conversed, did other work, utilized their phones, or even slept during class .

      I didn't really mind, I took advantage of the free time also. Although when I joined this class ,I expected it to be productive and to learn a lot. But it is what it is.

     I'm sure things would eventually go back to normal when Ms.Hyde came back or we got another teacher.

      I sit down at my seat, busying myself on my phone. I get nervous and excited all at once anticipating her arrival.  Random students  trickle in but I only look for one.