Chapter 46

Nov 1st
McDonald's

  Nokia

" Hello, welcome to McDonald's. What can I get for you ladies today?"

         It was now 3 a.m. and somehow we'd now ended up at McDonald's hungrier than ever. After pushing Solána on the swings and the both of us continuously falling off the park's balance beam ,we decided to come here.

     We had ran through all the snacks we had bought, and we were still very hungry. And McDonald's seemed to be calling our names.

     It had been a long night, but I had been enjoying every moment of it with Solána. She was getting more comfortable with me and I was seeing more and more of who she was; This goofy ball of sunshine that I couldn't get enough.

Whenever I was around her I forgot about everything and the world seemed to only revolve around the two of us.

         She carried this bubbliness with her that seemed to spread all around her. My mood always lifted whenever she was around, or whenever I thought of her.  She spread her light everywhere she went.

       She was my little sunshine.

     " Excuse me, ma'am are you ready to order?" The cashier looks at me impatiently, interrupting my thoughts. I come back to my senses and realize I hadn't put my order in.

          I clear my throat. " Uh yeah, I'm sorry about that. Can I have a large fry, a grilled chicken wrap, a McDouble ,and a large drink?" I scan the menu ordering my things, as the cashier puts it in.

        After I finish I look at Solána. " What do you want?" She speaks to the lady ordering two Mcchickens and a small fry.

       " That's all?" I look at her weirdly. She nods her head. " Yeah, you know how I feel about fast food. I'm breaking my diet with this." She says.

     I laugh. " Lighten up, and treat yourself Lana." I nudge her shoulder, and she just rolls her eyes, trying not to smile.

        " Your total is $16.91." The cashier says looking annoyed at us. We had been holding her up.

      " I'm sorry..." I pull out my money getting ready to pay but a hand comes in front of me. I realize it's Solána, as she smacks the money in the woman's hand.

        " I'm paying this time." She says, firmly. I smirk as I put my wallet back in my pocket. " Ok Daddy." I say, teasing Solána. Her eyes get big, and her cheeks heat up. " Shut upp." She says ,swatting me in my arm.

        I laugh it off. " I like a girl that can take charge." I wink at her, and she just ignores me.

      " Oh shut upp, Nokia." She says. " Here's your receipt and drinks." The cashier hurriedly shoves the things in front of me. I look up at her, feeling myself tense up.

          " Yo don't be shovin shit in my face like that. Have some fuckin manners, rude ass." I say, snatching my shit out her hands. I look at her daring her to say some slick shit.

       One thing I hated was people putting things in my face, or too close to my face. I know we had been taking all day, but she could've handled that better.

       " I-I'm sorry ma'am. It's other people in line and you've been holding the line up." She looks at me with fear in her eyes.

      " I don't give a fuck who in line. Don't be shovin shit in my face. The line ain't gonna go no faster."

      " But-" " But nothing, don't shove shit in my face!" I move closer to the counter, getting close to her face.

       The girl looked ready to shit herself but I felt disrespected and was too caught up in my anger. I'm not an asshole , but if people make me one I will be.