Chapter 45

October 31st
Nokia's Car
Solana

         "Omg I can't believe that just happened. One minute we're arguing with 'what's her name' the next we're hearing shooting! "I dramatically express to Nokia.

I sit shocked, looking up into the air still trying to process everything. My chest was still heaving up and down, from the adrenaline caused by fleeing the scene.

Everything seemed like a blur, and like it had happened under a minute. After all the Hennessy I had drunk I felt like I only had two brain cells, and could barely function.

I barely remembered details of the night, but my senses had been heightened. So when the shooting had started I felt like I was in the middle of WW3.

Nokia who's face was focused on the road, revealed a grin as she listened to me recall the crazy events of the night.

" That sobered you up didn't it?" She glances over at me with a smirk, snickering. Her lipstick covered lips spread into a wide grin, revealing a crooked smile.

I look over at her trying to fight a smile. " Shut up, its not funny. And to answer your question, no, I still feel like I'm part of a Minecraft game or something." I say, as I take in account of my body and state of mind.

I felt weird, but good at the same time. I was a lot more loose and comfortable, but also felt like I had no control over myself. I guess that's what liquor was for you.

Nokia laughs again. " Oh you fucked up, fucked up." She teases with her eyes focused on the road.

I laugh too. " Oh shut up, I drunk a lot and that was my first time drinking that much." I say, defending myself.

" Nah you just a lightweight baby, it's ok stick to ya little Chardonnay and Christmas Apple cider. Leave the hard stuff, to the big dogs." Nokia cockily says.

She did not just go there. " I cannot stand you, Nokia. When did you become a pro at drinking?" I look at her, expectantly.

" I been drinking henny since I was 14, and was stealing beers when I was 9. Trust me I'm a pro."

" Omg now that's just sad, never mind." She laughs her bass filled laugh, and I can't help but join in.

It seemed like my night had gotten more outrageous as it went along.

       The situation with my so called "boyfriend",  lead me to be with the last person I wanted to be around (Nokia), and then me going to a wild ass party with them. Then a shooting occurring, and us having to run for our lives.

      I won't lie and say I didn't enjoy the party and hadn't been enjoying Nokia's company. She was nice, and made me feel comfortable with her for the first time.

      I could actually let my guard down and be myself with her, which meant the world to me. Seeing as I'm really self conscious and feel like I always have to be composed all the time.

     She didn't care and liked my awkwardness. We danced together, talked about our personal lives, and she had me smiling the whole night.

        But then people had to start shooting.

        " I'm never coming anywhere with you again. It's always something crazy happening when I'm around you." I say ,even though  I knew it was a lie.

It sounds crazy but I wanted to spend more time with Nokia, and actually was beginning to like her.

       I would love to hang out with her more in the future...as long as there was no more shootings.