Chapter 47

Nov. 1st
The Next Morning
Nokia's Place

Solána
     I wake up with an excruciating headache. My head was pounding ,and it felt like I had been hit repeatedly in it with a bag of rocks.

The sun shines down directly on me, only making the situation worse. I cover my eyes with my pillow, blocking from the sun.

Why the hell does my head hurt so bad?

I rack my brain trying to figure out explanations and that's when everything comes flowing back to me. I remember the events with Marcus, Nokia, and the party where I got wasted.

I'm guessing this is what a hangover felt like. I had never had one before so I could only base it on what I've heard and assumption.

If it was, I never would drink again. I groan as I try to go to sleep ,but fail to ignore the thumping sensation in my head. This headache literally was too strong to ignore.

" Fuck it, I'm just gonna get up." I pull the pillow off my face looking on the other side of the bed. It's empty, and I wonder where Nokia is. I then reach for my phone to check the time, and it reads 1:00 pm.

Damn I slept the whole day, that's usually not like me. But I had been up basically all night so it made sense. I ignore the other notifications and messages on my phone as I get out of bed.

I groan holding my head as I stand it begins pounding even harder. " God, what the hell is this shit?"

I try my best to bare through it as I walk down the hall, trying to find Nokia in the house. I hear food sizzling and burning on the stove in the kitchen, and the tv playing in the living room.

I also hear Nokia talking to someone animatedly, I assume she's on the phone. " It was mad lit yesterday night, we had a ball. I'm glad I got another chance with her.... I really dig her...She's here right now...yeah she's sleep right now, I'm making breakfast for the two us."

I smile standing in the hallway, as I watch her ,listening to her converse about me. Wow she's talking about me? To her friends?I feel myself smiling but stop because it makes my head hurt.

" Alright well let me get off this phone with you. I'm gonna go check on her and finish up breakfast. Ok...I'll talk to you later, nigga." She sets her phone down, and begins flipping stuff on the stove and mixes what looks like pancake batter.

She hums a tune to herself as she continues to cook. I smile, and step into the kitchen finally deciding to make my presence known. I fold my arms over my chest, just watching her.

" You telling your friends about me now? I must be special." I tease. She turns around wide eyed when she hears my voice and then smirks in realization.

" I've been told them about you. And yes you are special to me." She smiles glancing at me as she makes food.

" Oh really?" I ask ,feeling myself get happy. She just laughs and looks at me. " Good morning to you too, and I'm making breakfast if you hungry."

" It smells great. Can I help?" I ask looking around at the different things on the counters and stove. " Nah, I'm almost finished your fine. Plus it's my treat." She says as she continues to fix things on the stove.

Before I can respond my head starts pounding again. "Owww..." I groan out, holding my head. Nokia turns around looking confused. " What's wrong?" She moves towards me moving my hands from my head.