Chapter 26

Solána
October 27, 2017
Julliard School

  I walk out the room as second hour comes to an end.

The halls are extra crowded today, so I push my way through the people who decide to just stand in the middle of the hall, not moving.

I don't understand why people do that. People are trying to get to class yet they stand in the way, making it harder for me to get to class. Idiots.

I enter the classroom ,sitting in the same seat I sat in before.

   "Good morning, Solána." Ms. Hyde greets, as she writes on the board.

   " Good morning, Ms. Hyde." I greet back.

I get out my love journal doodling on the cover page to pass time.

I sense students entering and before I know it someone sits in the seat next to me. I look up and it's none other than, Nokia.

Her hair is slicked back in a low bun, and a hoop earring graces her nose. False freckles pepper her face, bringing out her feminine features.

   She's dressed in a jean jacket, with a white tee, and ripped jeans. The jeans are acid washed and contain all kinds of holes and tears.

   There is also splatters of white paint on them. Despite the ruggedness of them, they fit her. Light brown timbs grace her feet. The girl could dress.

     " Like what you see ?" She says, not making eye contact with me. A smirk paints her face as I stare at her side profile.

I get throw off by her question, and feel my cheeks heat up.

" I guess you can say I dig the fit." I reply, avoiding eye contact with her.

" Thanks. I dig yours too." I look down at my see through mesh top, black jeans, and converses.

" Thank you, Nokia." I say in a polite manner.

" I dig the hair too." She speaks up after awhile. She reaches towards me grabbing one of my curls. She stretches it out before it springs back up in its curly state.

I inhale a sharp breath, as we look one another in the eye. This time I don't back down at the intensity of eye contact, I challenge it.

The bell rings breaking us out our trance. She backs away from me, sending me one of her signature smirks, before sitting back in her seat.

" Let's get to work, Solána."

* * * *

Class comes to an end, and everyone begans to pack to leave out the classroom.

" So do you want to work on the project after school at the library?" Nokia asks as she slings her bag on her shoulder.

" Yes that will be fine." I say as I pick up my things.

She follows me as we walk out the classroom.

" Uhh..do you want to go together or just meet there?" I ask, looking back at her.

" Well I don't have a car, so I'm taking the subway there." She says sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.

"Me neither, so I guess we can ride together." I say with a smile.

" Ok that's good. Let's meet at the front of the school at the end of the day."

" Bet. I'll be there." I say.

" I'll see you around Solána." She says as we part ways. I wave at her making my way to my dance class.

   I enter dance and there's loud music playing.

  Students are lined up by the dressing room waiting to change. While others are already out, and stretching.

     I go to the line , taking my dance clothes out my bag. Tony and Nyema enter the classroom at the same time, getting in line behind me.

    " Heyyy bitchh, how yo day beeen?" Tony says, sticking her tongue out at me.

   Everyone looks back at her and she responds by waving at them. I laugh at her ghettoness.

    " It's been good, I have to work on a project at the library after school though." I tell her.

    " That's good I planned on inviting my boo over anyway. Me and him made up." She says as she flips her long weave over shoulders.

" You and Darrel?" Nyema asks, arching her brow.

" Yepppp."

" OMYGOD not that nigga again. Tony you and your hoodlums. I swear if he steals anything in my apartment imma..."

" Solána chill. He's not even like that. Stop being mean." Tony whines.

" Girl didn't you say he stole $100 out your purse one time?" Nyema instigates.

"Yesss but he's changed. He has a job now and everything."

" Well ok, if anything of mine comes up missing I'm going off." I warn.

"Whatever Solána."

" Mhmm...whatever my ass."

All three of us enter the dressing room changing into our dancing attire. We walk out once we're done and begin stretches.

   After 5 or so minutes our teacher enters and everyone scurries to get in their designated spots. She goes through each row, surveying us all before going to the front of the class.

   "Today you guys will practice what we rehearsed yesterday ,in groups of 3 to 4. You will get a grade for this, so take this seriously."

   Everyone gets in their groups and of course I pair up with Tony and Nyema.

     " Who'd like to go first ?" A group of girls raises their hand and get in the center of the floor. The music starts and they begin dancing.

    As they dance one girl does a jump in the air, and falls. She falls out with a cry, and her two partners scurry to help her up.

      " Neeeext." Our teacher calls as they move from the center.

    I raise my hand taking a deep breath. Tony and Nyema glare at me, and I shrug my shoulders in return.

   Might as well get it over with.

   The music starts and I get on the tips of my ballet shoes walking across the floor. I do a simple pirouette , spinning around on one foot.

   I then leap across the floor bringing my arm up in front of me. I bend my knees with my feet pointing inwards.

  I move to the opposite side of the room, leaping. I follow that with another leap, across the opposite side of the room.

     I feel Tony and Nyema behind me following my steps. We do a couple more moves as the song goes on. We make our way back to the center, as the song ends.

Ms. Valentin clears her throat, scrutinizing us. " A little rough...but it will do. Continue to practice."

Bitch.

Hey y'all what's uuuup! This wasn't edited and sorry for the dance part, I know nothing about dance. 💀

Nokia and Solána are working on the project together. What do you think will happen? 🌚 until next time, peace.✌🏾💕