Chapter 7

(((Solána in the MM)))

Solána

October 13, 2017

After my last class let out, I headed to the D wing to get prepared to go home. I actually wasn't going straight home though. Marcus was picking me up to go to his football game.

I don't find football the least bit interesting, but I was gonna support my baby regardless. Whatever he liked, I loved.

And he was pretty good at it and could possibly get drafted to the NFL at any given time. It was his dream, and I supported it to the fullest.

After I got my things, I filed through the busy hall trying to make my way to the front doors. I shot Tony a quick text, asking if she was coming with.

She responded quickly and we agreed to meet at the front.

Once I got outside I stood on the staircase squinting my eyes looking for Marcus's red Jeep.

" I'm here." Tony came by my side out of nowhere cheesing.

   "Hey...I'm waiting for him to come. How was the rest of your day?" I asked.

   " Oh same ol, same ol. Tryna stay on top of these assignments. And I'm wondering why my nigga ain't texted me all day." Tony looks down at her phone and begins to fidget with it.

I stayed silent seeing as I ain't have shit to say.

Darrel. She had been dating him a month. He was a guy she met at the mall, and was your typical hood nigga. He really didn't have anything going for himself but looks.

     He wasn't in school, and he didn't have a job outside selling weed. I don't know why Tony always chose guys like this.

     She was a pretty , black sista who had a whole future ahead of herself and didn't need no low life getting in the way of it.

    An awkward silence fell over us before we were startled by honks. Marcus had finally arrived, and beckoned for us to come get in the car.

    As we made our way to the car, Nyema's Corvette abruptly pulled up next to us. Loud music blasted from her speakers as she pulled her window down.

"I thought you guys wanted me to drive you home", she said looking at us over her Versace shades.

"Nah..I have a game today and I invited them." Marcus said looking across at Nyema.

She glared at us and Marcus as we got inside his car. "Mmph... well bye", she pulled off as her tires screeched across the pavement.

She always had an attitude for no particular reason. Sis, needed some dick or something.

"What's her problem," Marcus looked over at me chuckling.

"Who knows", I exhaled ,buckling myself in the car. Tony sat in the back on her phone, as soft rap music played in the car.

"How was your day, babe ?" Marcus grabbed me by chin turning my face towards his.

" It was good, I'm just a little tired." I said, lazily staring into his deep, brown eyes.

" Are you sure you want to come, I could always drop you off. No biggie." I stared into Marcus's beautiful brown eyes , and took in his beautiful brown skin and intoxicating scent.

He was dressed in his football attire but still looked good. He was of a muscular build that fit him well.

His hair was a curly, little fro that I loved running my fingers through.