Chapter 21

A week later
October 25,2018
Julliard School

Nokia

    It's been a week since the party and I was completely over the situation. I had learned my lesson about surrounding myself with people that didn't understand me.

I'd just stick to myself and around people that were more like me.

I had been avoiding seeing Solána at school, and would take routes I knew I wouldn't encounter her at.

She still managed to weave  her way in my thoughts no matter what I did.

I thought about her when I did simple tasks. I thought about her at school. I thought about her with friends.

I couldn't get her out my mind.

What was it about this girl that had me going crazy ?

What made her so different than anyone else?

   " Yoo Nokia, you been spaced out for a minute, what's up bruh?" Drew looked at me with a concerned look.

   Amber sat on the side of her, taking her headphones off turning her face in my direction.

We were at lunch and I hadn't really been talking, because I was so caught up in my thoughts.

    Drew almost never was serious so I knew my change of attitude was evident.

  I picked over my salad before speaking.

  " It's hard to explain." I say with a sigh.

"Nigga, try." Amber says , with an exasperated expression.

"Y'all know how I told y'all about the girl I bumped into at the party?"

"Yeah...", Drew trails off, furrowing her bushy eyebrows.

"Well that girl was Solána."

Their eyes get wide at the drop of the name , as they continue to look over at me.

"Yooo, you mean to tell me you dropped your drink on one of the most popular girls at our school and got into a fight with her boyfriend ?"

" Yep." I pop the "p".

" Yo, I'm surprised she ain't give you an earful. You know how her and her crew are."

"Vindictive bitches." Amber mumbles under her breath.

" Yeah it's crazy , because she actually seems pretty cool, nothing like I expected." I say absentmindedly.

" I feel you. What makes you bring her up ?" I hesitate before answering the question.

" Ever since the party, I can't get that girl out of my mind, man. I want to know more about her and find out who she really is." I express, sounding like a headass.

Drew looks at me amused, with a smirk on her face.

"What ? What did I say?" I ask, confused.

" Well it sounds like you got a crush, my nigga." Drew chuckles, biting into her carrot.

Amber shakes her head, agreeing.

" What, no. I barely know the girl, and she's not even my type. All I want is to be her friend , maybe. But we know that'll never happen." I roll my eyes thinking about our first and last encounter.

" Well be her friend." Drew deadpans.

" It's not that easy. You saw what happened the first time I even talked to her."