Chapter 11

A couple days later....
October 15, 2017
Around Noon
The Mall

Solána

" What store do you want to go in first, Rayne ?"

"Uhhh....let's go to the shoe store first. I need some new kicks." She rubbed her hand through her thick dreads, as we stood at the entrance of the mall.

   " Sure, what shoe store though ?" I asked.

    " Zumiez, ya girl need some new Vans to get jiggy with, nah I'm sayin ?" She smiles brightly at me, rubbing her hands together.

  I laughed at her as we begin our trip to Zumiez. We ride up the escalator, quickly.

    We get off and walk into the store, being welcomed in by the chill atmosphere.

   The store is painted black, as shoes line the racks on the walls, almost covering them.

  There was also a wall for skateboards. It is a wide variety of them, of many different designs.

   On the shelves throughout the store, there is Odd Future clothing ,among other alternative brands.

   Altogether, it was a cool store.

  " Hi, how can I help you guys." A woman with an orange pixie cut and tattoo filled arms, greeted us.

   " We're just looking for shoes."

   "Okay, that's fine. If you need anything I'll be right at the counter." She said, as she walked away from us.

   Me and Rayne walk to the section where there was vans. Low top ones, high top ones, and slide on ones.

   We silently look at the shoes, scrutinizing them, trying to decide which ones to buy. I noticed some rainbow tie dye ones, and picked em up.

" Yoo those are dope, Lana. How much are they ?" Rayne looked over at the shoes in my hand.

"60. Pretty good price." I reply.

" I'm gonna have to come back for those, and be twins with ya." She teases.

"Lol, I don't mind. But which ones you think you getting ?"

" Probably these pink ones. Yeah, definitely these." She picks up some pink high top ones.

"Ready to go ?" , she asks.

"Hell yea. Let's roll."

We make our way to the front where the woman from earlier is.

"We'd like these." I say , politely.

"Sure, in what sizes ?"

" 8" I say. "9 in a half." Rayne follows up.

" I'll be right back with those." She says, as she takes the display shoes out our hands.

She comes back shortly, and we pay and exit the store, roaming around the mall.

We can't decide where to go after the shoe store so we just walk and engage in conversation.

" So who's party is this and where is it at?" Rayne asks.

She was referring to a party I had invited her to this weekend. It's one of those fraternity parties that was happening on Marcus's campus.

He told me about it, and urged me to invite my friends. Of course I had to make an appearance seeeing as I was dating one of the most known guys at the college.